PDA

View Full Version : Running Kali On a Samsung N150

mhansen
2013-03-26, 04:36
So a family member has a Samsung n150 that I may buy, right this second I don't know which model or specs but generally will this laptop be ok to run Kali?

I plan on upgrading the memory from 1gb to at least 2 and everything else may remain the same because I don't want to put too much money into a late model laptop. Basically, I want it to wipe the hard drive and install Kali on it for testing purposes as well as general web browsing, nothing fancy..

Thoughts?

devi1
2013-03-26, 05:42
The machine I use on a daily basis is a Samsung N150 Plus. I don't know how much hardware differs between models but kali runs perfectly on mine. Its network adapter uses the ath_9k drivers so injection and all the other good stuff works out of the box. I have not upgraded the ram yet (still plan to but it's been 2 years since I bought it) and its a little sluggish to do some things but it's definitely tolerable.

I know you said you don't know anything about the hardware but if you can find out the size of the drive (and if the drive is the original that came with it) the N150 Plus comes stock with a 250g drive (and few other extras I'm pretty sure) and the standard comes with a 160g