PDA

View Full Version : Problems with first time launch Kali Linux on my old Acer Travelmate 4200

Nikenvato
2022-01-31, 18:14
Hello everyone, :)
Before to post I tried to look around for an answer on similar issues but I didn't find any specific answer to that ,

Let me explain,

I installed on my old Acer travelmate 4200 Kali Linux 2021.4 (32bit) via usb boot , the installation went well ,
but I'm having problem on the first launch now; after the Kali Logo appears I have the cursor blinking on top left, (please notice that I still didn't enter the credentials to log in) because didn't arrive to that point yet.
I saw many people with similar problems but everyone gets this after logging in, and with me it doesn't even show the logging space to insert my credentials.

Ps: I did Ctrl + 2 , I inserted my root credentials and I did the sudo apt-get install and the apt-get upgrade and alsoI tried something i found online like: apt-get install --fix-broken but still nothing after the restart ...
I am struggling and I can't understand why or what I can do.. Any help please? thanks in advance to everyone !

Nikenvato
2022-02-02, 12:49
SOLVED: I had to install manually the Intel graphic drivers with the command sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-intel