PDA

View Full Version : Bash Color Terminals

altjx
2013-03-14, 03:55
So I've been able to figure out how to get my bash colors to work again by removing the # next to some comments such as "alias ls='ls --color=auto'", etc... However, I think I'm stuck getting VIM to work with colors again. For example, I open up a python script and every single line of code is the same color.

Anyone know a quick way to fix this in Kali? I was able to get my numbers back in vim by editing the vimrc configuration file, but I'm not sure if this file also controls the way vim interprets files and adjusts the colors accordingly.

Thanks.

altjx
2013-03-14, 14:31
So I've been able to figure out how to get my bash colors to work again by removing the # next to some comments such as "alias ls='ls --color=auto'", etc... However, I think I'm stuck getting VIM to work with colors again. For example, I open up a python script and every single line of code is the same color.

Anyone know a quick way to fix this in Kali? I was able to get my numbers back in vim by editing the vimrc configuration file, but I'm not sure if this file also controls the way vim interprets files and adjusts the colors accordingly.

Thanks.

If anyone's curious, I was able to get everything in vim working fine as well. Just had to add ":syntax on" in the /etc/vim/vimrc file.

nopsled
2013-03-26, 17:12
Thank you altjx! I just fixed this on my VM with your solution as well

altjx
2013-03-27, 11:48
Thank you altjx! I just fixed this on my VM with your solution as well

Yep! No problem!