PDA

View Full Version : zsh autocomplete broken - new Kali 2022.1 install from everything ISO

roberts
2022-02-27, 00:05
Hello,

I just finished creating a new VM in VMware 16.2.1 Workstation running on Pop!_OS. The Kali VM is all installed and basically working but anytime that I go to autocomplete anything using the TAB key I get the errors shown below. I'm continuing my search but would appreciate anyone that knows of the solution posting it.

_setup:8: failed to load module `zsh/complist': /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/zsh/5.8/zsh/complist.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
_main_complete:118: failed to load module `zsh/complist': /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/zsh/5.8/zsh/complist.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
_main_complete:122: failed to load module `zsh/complist': /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/zsh/5.8/zsh/complist.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
comparguments: command not found

Thanks,

Robert

badchars
2022-02-28, 15:14
I actually just had the same issue this morning. `apt update && apt -y upgrade` fixed the issue. Just closed out my current terminal windows and reopened and it's working again.

hasanselimguner
2022-06-16, 13:34
open terminal type exec zsh