PDA

View Full Version : Protonvpn on KDE Kali 2022 ...

flat__line
2022-02-27, 11:15
I just installed the package protonvpn but once the gui accepts my credentials the gui itself disappears (I am able to connect using the cli version tough) ... Manajaro linux on the other side works flawlessly ...

I am using KDE (hence kwallet) and I get the following error message:

/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/protonvpn_nm_lib/core/connection_backend/nm_client/nm_client_mixin.py:11: Warning: g_main_context_push_thread_default: assertion 'acquired_context' failed
nm_client = NM.Client.new(None)
nm:ERROR:src/libnm-client-impl/nm-client.c:7277:_init_start_check_complete: assertion failed: ((g_main_context_get_thread_default() ?: g_main_context_default()) == _priv->main_context)
Bail out! nm:ERROR:src/libnm-client-impl/nm-client.c:7277:_init_start_check_complete: assertion failed: ((g_main_context_get_thread_default() ?: g_main_context_default()) == _priv->main_contex
t)
zsh: IOT instruction protonvpn

Any hint?

Thx

crpr
2022-05-23, 19:07
Hey!

I recently had this issue on a few machines, it seemed to be an issue with nm library dependencies being missing (not sure why these were suddenly missing as protonvpn had been working until a recent update)

https://github.com/ProtonVPN/protonvpn-nm-lib - I installed the dependencies listed here and everything now works as expected

Note: This issue only seems to happen on KDE(XFCE protonvpn continued to work), installing the dependencies above should get Protonvpn working again however on KDE