PDA

View Full Version : Browsers not getting any internet

Oscar33
2022-03-10, 18:23
This has been a painful last 2 days, so my laptop which I have installed the newest version of kali linux works perfectly OTHER than the fact when an ethernet cable is plugged in (this is needed to then fix the darn wifi) everything goes how it should bar the browsers which instead of saying that there's no internet say that there's something wrong and to come back later.
I have tried so many different things and I am very sorry if this isn't in the right format or doesn't include the right information that is needed for you to help me I just want this to work.

I have checked and eth0 is always up and when I ping something like 8.8.8.8 it works perfectly, one thing I noticed on the firefox browser is that it will flicker with the "go back to safety" and "advance options" thing before telling me the server isn't available which gives me the impression that it's something else within some settings of kali for me, I have checked every option in firefox and its not that I'm 80% sure.

Thank you for trying to help if you do I really appreciate it, you can use either English,French or Spanish to reply if its easier since I can understand them.

Again thank you.

pimkamchu
2022-07-13, 09:07
hii i have also facing this problem from few week
in my case resolv.conf is corrupted and
i fixed this problem by replacing resol.conf file in etc folder
i simply replace file by my vitrual box machine file

Fred Sheehan
2022-07-16, 03:10
If ping works when you give it an IP but a web browser fails when you use a name you have a DNS issue...