PDA

View Full Version : Problem with installation

Xavizko
2022-04-05, 04:26
I can't install the system on a dell xps 13" with intel 7th generation, the SSD doesn't appear during the installation, what to do?note: I use windows 10 but I left 100gb unpartitioned from the SSD.

Fred Sheehan
2022-08-13, 16:18
The 100 GB you have left, format it to FAT32 so Kali can see the partition and go from there

If your trying to install it in a virtual machine you don't need to leave room, it will share the Windows drive

Boni
2022-10-19, 13:51
I am new here. The VirtualBox is already installed on the Desktop. I need Kali inside the box, but i couldn't install it. Tried it several times with several downloads. Please advise. Thanks

Boni
2022-10-19, 17:50
I am new here. The VirtualBox is already installed on the Desktop. I need Kali inside the box, but i couldn't install it. Tried it several times with several downloads. Please advise. Thanks

I get this Error: Failed to copy F:\ to C:\win32-loader\linux

Fred Sheehan
2022-10-21, 10:17
If you have downloaded the 'Live' images, they are designed to be written to a USB drive and used a s a 'Live' OS.

If you want to actually install it to a hard drive, you first need to download the 'bare metal' ISO

In your Virtual Box machine, make sure you change the 'machine settings' to give your new virtual machine enough hard drive space to install Kali