PDA

View Full Version : Kali linux Gnome extension issues/login

Neo One
2022-04-18, 07:42
Hi
I use the Gnome option when using Kali linux when I login, after the latest sudo update and sudo upgrade, for some reason as soon as I login and open a folder or put in a external usb device the system stops and logs me out, when I login again the Extensions are disabled, when I have them disabled everything works as it should, but as soon as I enable them again it logs me out with a error, and again disables my extensions. I've tried to uninstall Gnome, and extensions and tweaks etc, and reinstall but it does not work.

So I've tried with a Restore from a Clone backup 1 month ago from clonezilla, all went good and everything was working again, no issues with the extensions or accessing my external drives,I even managed to do a sudo update and upgrade and the first 1668 packages goes fine, everything still works, but the last packages to install 89 of them, if I update them , i'm back to square one, the same issues come back and I don't know what to try anymore, I've not worked with linux for so long maybe a year so im still very new to Linux, any suggestions here what might be wrong, or am I maybe forced to do a clean install??

Appreciate all suggestions and replies, thanks.

Neo