PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to download all Kali Security packages from a one-line aptitude call ?

Hedbangz
2013-05-17, 17:42
Hi everybody,
I created this new thread because I needed help with the package managers (aptitude and apt-get).
First, I had an installation problem with my laptop, the only way to avoid a kernel panic was using the kali-core.iso, I don't know why but whatever, it worked. But the only way to install packages and avoid an installation crash was to disable the "Kali Security Tools" package group (and I don't know why (again), I only check the other tty during the last try which worked).
And now, i'm trying to get all these tools, but I'm not able to find any information in the aptitude, apt-cache and apt-get manuals on how can I download them all. I googled, and searched here, but i'm out of solutions, and i'm not that crazy to install each packages one by one.
Thanks a lot,
Hedbangz

( Please excuse my english, I'm french :D )

kpoeticg
2013-05-20, 06:55
You could comment out everything EXCEPT the security repo in your /etc/apt/sources.list, do an apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y && apt-get dist-upgrade -y, then reopen ur /etc/apt/sources.list and uncomment everything and recomment the security repo. There's probly an easier way but that's how i'd do it personally