PDA

View Full Version : Issue installing BeEF on Kali

pilnox123
2022-07-17, 22:06
I am trying to install beEF on the iso version of Kali, and things were going well until I ran into several errors that are preventing it from from installing. From what I understand, it needs a ruby update but I am not sure how to do this. If anyone can help, I have included a screenshot of the error. Thanks.

Fred Sheehan
2022-08-04, 22:48
Have you checked it isn't already installed or did you choose a slim ISO version..

pilnox123
2022-08-04, 23:49
Hi, thanks for replying. I check the files and couldn't find it. I downloaded the main Installer version of Kali so I am not sure if this is the slim version or not. (I am still new to Kali and don't use it very often, so please forgive me if I am not familiar with certain things.)

mikkyman2022
2022-08-05, 14:04
I have installed Beef but i keep getting the "run bundle install" error and when i do the installing another error keeps popping up and it is preventing me from installing the "bundle install" dependencies needed for beef to run and i really need have beef working because it is a tool i am amazed and will love to learn so i can apply for my ethical hacking certification, i attached screenshot of the error and i will happy to have someone here with better knowledge help me out.

TheIncredibleNoob
2022-08-10, 13:57
I also ran into a similar issue once, it apparently told me that I need to add a secondary user not sure if this is still the case though.

Fred Sheehan
2022-08-11, 00:07
It comes pre-installed with Kali, but until you start it once it isn't fully set up;;

sudo beef-xss

It does ask you not to use the default creds at first run