PDA

View Full Version : Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter and kali live

gio84
2022-07-23, 13:20
I have seen that the adapter wifi of my notebook is supported by kali but...I'm running kali live on vmware and in the root terminal emulator I wrote airmon-ng but I cant see anything Before under windows 10 i have installed Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4 just to be shure the adapeter was able to go on monito mode ad is ok.Any idea?

Fred Sheehan
2022-07-28, 13:35
Running Kali in a VM you have to use a USB WiFi adapter it cannot access the hosts WiFi from a virtual machine

gio84
2022-07-29, 14:08
Running Kali in a VM you have to use a USB WiFi adapter it cannot access the hosts WiFi from a virtual machine

Humm strange wgy I can search the web so I use the cnnectin f my notebook then I will try to make a usb boot pen with kali that will work?

Fred Sheehan
2022-08-01, 09:23
When you run Kali in a VM you get a virtual Ethernet adapter that is bridged to the hosts WiFi, because the Host is already using the WiFi adapter, it is not available for the Guest, hence needing a USB WiFi adapter IF you want to use wireless scanning and attacks like airmon-ng, airgeddon etc

If you only want to scan networks you are already connected to, the virtual ethernet is sufficient

gio84
2022-08-01, 16:22
When you run Kali in a VM you get a virtual Ethernet adapter that is bridged to the hosts WiFi, because the Host is already using the WiFi adapter, it is not available for the Guest, hence needing a USB WiFi adapter IF you want to use wireless scanning and attacks like airmon-ng, airgeddon etc

If you only want to scan networks you are already connected to, the virtual ethernet is sufficient

I want t breake a wifi s I can use t t stay nline.I got working the usb pen and I can see olso the Realtek RTL8822BE (https://forums.kali.org/showthread.php?85422-Realtek-RTL8822BE-802-11ac-PCIe-Adapter-and-kali-live) but I'm nt nline (I need to enter the passwrd of my wifi) but I supose I can try t brake a wifi olso offline is that correct?

Fred Sheehan
2022-08-02, 00:31
adapter in normal mode = normal WiFi adapter, log in with a password

monitor mode = can see all WiFi nodes around you and you can use tools to try and crack them..

Try airgeddon it has all tools needed and will walk you through the process, doesn't guarantee anything of course..