Thread: The OS don't work if the lid is closed

The OS don't work if the lid is closed

Hello everyone,

i installed kali on sony vaio laptop, i'm trying to make the OS work even with the lid closed, but the system stops as soon as i close it.

I searched in kali settings but couldn't find a solution.

Has anyone had the same problem as me? Do you have any idea how to solve it?

Thank you

There should be options you can set in the Power setting (Applications >> Settings >> Power Settings). There should be an option for what to do when the laptop lid is closed.

Hi everyone,
    I found on the web the reason why it seems that it is not possible to make the laptop work with the door closed:
    the article refers to the overheating of the laptop with the door closed, with bad consequences for the entire operation of the same machine.

Both Sony and Microsoft pass the ball on for mutual non-responsibility and I really believe that it will stay that way.

The only solution at the moment is to put a thickness of about a couple of centimeters between the door and the keyboard to let a thread of air circulate and so the machine continues to work and does not go into suspension.