Thread: Cant see Kali linux in download folder after downloading and when found cant flash to USB

Cant see Kali linux in download folder after downloading and when found cant flash to USB

Hi guys new to the cyber industry and Kali linux I have had on a previous laptop, I've recently tried to download a new kali to make a bootable drive so I can install it on the laptop bare metal, for what ever reason when I downloaded it I couldn't see it in the download folder and when I did find it i tried making a bootable drive with Rufus which said it was either a file that Rufus doesn't deal with or there is something wrong with the file, the down was the complete download with all the tools and the installer, the reason I went for that is because the the installer and bare minimum download wouldn't take me to a page and just said something went wrong.

So I don't know if something is wrong with the downloads or this PC, as said above the minimum installer didn't work and just took me to a page that didn't exist and the full installer with the tools in it would download but Rufus wouldn't let me use it and I tried it on belena etcher as well and that wouldn't even let me put the file in the flash box, so something is telling me the downloads are playing up, any help you could give me would be greatly applicated

If your using Windows then defender will see Kali as a dangerous file and keep deleting it.

Kali contains a great many programmes and applications that can be used to compromise a Windows system, so this is expected behaviour from Windows point of view.

Create a new folder to download the Kali ISO to, and set the defender anti virus to not monitor that folder to get a complete download.

I prefer Balena etcher to Rufus to create bootable USB drives;

https://www.balena.io/etcher/

Hey Fred thanks for the reply buddy, ok I will give that a go