Thread: After USB install for dual boot, Grub Boot Loader not present- always boots to Windows...

After USB install for dual boot, Grub Boot Loader not present- always boots to Windows...

Hi guys.

The dual boot install went smoothly until I was asked questions about if/where i should install the Grub boot loader. The installer described sometimes buggy behavior, and finally suggested I install the Grub boot loader in a standard folder with a name I now forgot (folder had the word "media" in it). Now that the install is complete, when I boot I am never presented with a choice of operating systems-- Windows immediately boots as before.

It seems there is an issue with the grub boot loader.

May you please advise how to fix this so that upon startup I am presented with the choice of Kali or Windows?

Thank you!

Grub should have been installed to the primary drive, so that grub boots first and then lets you choose Windows if you want it.

Question After Kali dual boot install, not presented with dual boot screen, Windows 10 automatically boots...

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Sheehan View Post
    Grub should have been installed to the primary drive, so that grub boots first and then lets you choose Windows if you want it.
    Thank you for your reply.

I executed the entire installation again (added Kali for a dual boot with Windows 10). It seemed to install perfectly, yet I can never boot into Kali because I am never [resented with a screen allowing me to choose which OS to boot into-- Windows just boots automatically.

How do I fix this?

Thank you!

This fixed my issue..
    https://www.groovypost.com/howto/dua...ws-how-to-fix/
    Thanks folks!