Thread: Kali not seeing boot drive

Kali not seeing boot drive

I have run Kali live on a Lenovo PC. In the bios it?s set to optane which I cannot change. So it does not show me the drive and when I run lsblk it only shows me the bootable flash drive. Am I missing another bios setting - any help would be appreciated.

Re: Kali not seeing boot drive

Quote Originally Posted by thefallenapple View Post
    I have run Kali live on a Lenovo PC. In the bios it?s set to optane which I cannot change. So it does not show me the drive and when I run lsblk it only shows me the bootable flash drive. Am I missing another bios setting - any help would be appreciated.
    There could be several reasons why Kali Linux is not seeing your boot drive. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check the boot order in your BIOS or UEFI settings. Make sure that the boot drive is listed as the first boot device.
    2. Check the cables connecting the boot drive to the motherboard. Make sure that they are securely connected and not damaged.
    3. Check the boot drive for errors. You can do this by booting into a live Linux environment and running the fsck command on the boot drive.
    4. If the boot drive uses a GPT partition table, check that the EFI system partition is present and properly configured.
    5. If you are using a bootable USB drive to install Kali Linux, try using a different USB drive or creating the bootable USB drive again using a different tool.
    6. If none of the above steps help, try booting into the BIOS or UEFI settings and resetting them to the default values.

If you are still having trouble, it may be helpful to provide more information about your setup, such as the make and model of your motherboard and the type of boot drive you are using.

Your main drive is encrypted in some way, Windows Bit Locker for example, and this means the main drive is not accessable as it hasnt been decrypted at boot.