Thread: Kali on a tablet?

Kali on a tablet?

I need some advice. I intend to switch to a tablet with kali.

I hate iPad so that is a no go.

I can over ride or dual boot off windows OS sleeping. So that is my go to

I think an android would be more responsive and better but...I do not know anything about hardware yet.

And I found out about rooting androids a bit late in the game...so I bricked one and blew one up. So far.

I know older phones like a galaxy s5 let me boot straight into an unlocked bootloader..on power up is said something like ...insert sd with new os now. Good luck.
    I do not know if they can support kali though.

I have a few 2T sd cards.

Hope someone smart can push me the right direction... thanks

2g ram ,20 g hard drive, intel 3 or more.. I been manipulating code since 2002 and still don't know *** ram is

I thought this was impossible, but then I used Google and found something interesting. No, have not tried it.

https://**********vZBUI3wMU5Q

For android you could install Nethunter, but not many devices supported directly on hardware;

https://www.kali.org/get-kali/#kali-mobile

Yes, my post was also about Nethunter, but it looks like my link to Youtube was not approved.

It is possible to seach on YouTube and find some info about Nethunter.

Best reg Junior Member.

Quote Originally Posted by Iammrgrim View Post
    I need some advice. I intend to switch to a tablet with kali.

I hate iPad so that is a no go.

I can over ride or dual boot off windows OS sleeping. So that is my go to

I think an android would be more responsive in tba tracking.. I do not know anything about hardware yet.

And I found out about rooting androids a bit late in the game...so I bricked one and blew one up. So far.

I know older phones like a galaxy s5 let me boot straight into an unlocked bootloader..on power up is said something like ...insert sd with new os now. Good luck.
    I do not know if they can support kali though.

I have a few 2T sd cards.

Hope someone smart can push me the right direction... thanks

2g ram ,20 g hard drive, intel 3 or more.. I been manipulating code since 2002 and still don't know *** ram is
    Even I'm having same question. Please let me know what should be done
    Last edited by kilvar; 2024-01-10 at 12:38.

Quote Originally Posted by arne View Post
    Yes, my post was also about Nethunter, but it looks like my link to Youtube was not approved.

It is possible to seach on YouTube and find some info about Nethunter.

Best reg Junior Member.
    [COLOR=rgba(52,53,65,var(--tw-text-opacity))][COLOR=var(--tw-prose-body)]Yes, it is possible to install and run Kali Linux on a tablet device, but it may require some additional steps and considerations. Here are some key points to keep in mind:

1. Hardware Compatibility: Ensure that the tablet device you plan to use is compatible with Kali Linux. Check if Kali Linux supports the tablet's architecture, chipset, and peripherals (such as touch screen, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc.). Research and verify if there are any known issues or limitations specific to your tablet model.
    2. Installation Method: Installing Kali Linux on a tablet typically involves creating a bootable USB or SD card with the Kali Linux ISO image and using it to boot the tablet. The exact installation process may vary depending on the tablet's hardware and firmware. Research the specific installation instructions for your tablet model or consult the Kali Linux documentation and forums for guidance.
    3. Touch Screen and Input Support: Kali Linux may require additional configuration to enable touch screen functionality on your tablet. Investigate if there are specific drivers or software packages that need to be installed to ensure proper touch screen input support. Additionally, consider if an external keyboard or stylus may be needed for efficient use of Kali Linux on a tablet.
    4. Performance Considerations: Tablets often have limited hardware resources compared to traditional laptops or desktops. Ensure that your tablet meets the minimum system requirements for running Kali Linux, and be prepared for potential performance limitations. Kali Linux's resource-intensive tools and processes may not perform optimally on tablets with limited processing power, RAM, or storage capacity.
    5. Security and Privacy: Kali Linux is primarily designed for penetration testing and security assessments. Be aware of the potential risks associated with using Kali Linux on a tablet, especially in public networks or sensitive environments. Ensure that your tablet is properly secured with the latest firmware updates, strong passwords, and appropriate security measures.
    6. Community Support: Engage with the Kali Linux community, forums, and online resources to seek assistance and guidance specific to running Kali Linux on tablets. The community can provide valuable insights, tips, and solutions based on their experiences and expertise.

It's important to note that installing and running Kali Linux on a tablet may have limitations or challenges compared to using it on a traditional computer. Carefully evaluate your requirements, hardware compatibility, and technical expertise before proceeding with the installation.

[COLOR=rgba(172,172,190,var(--tw-text-opacity))]

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(52,53,65,var(--tw-text-opacity))][COLOR=var(--tw-prose-body)]Yes, it is possible to install and run Kali Linux on a tablet device, but it may require some additional steps and considerations. Here are some key points to keep in mind:

1. Hardware Compatibility: Ensure that the tablet device you plan to use is compatible with Kali Linux. Check if Kali Linux supports the tablet's architecture, chipset, and peripherals (such as touch screen, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc.). Research and verify if there are any known issues or limitations specific to your tablet model.
    2. Installation Method: Installing Kali Linux on a tablet typically involves creating a bootable USB or SD card with the Kali Linux ISO image and using it to boot the tablet. The exact installation process may vary depending on the tablet's hardware and firmware. Research the specific installation instructions for your tablet model or consult the Kali Linux documentation and forums for guidance.
    3. Touch Screen and Input Support: Kali Linux may require additional configuration to enable touch screen functionality on your tablet. Investigate if there are specific drivers or software packages that need to be installed to ensure proper touch screen input support. Additionally, consider if an external keyboard or stylus may be needed for efficient use of Kali Linux on a tablet.
    4. Performance Considerations: Tablets often have limited hardware resources compared to traditional laptops or desktops. Ensure that your tablet meets the minimum system requirements for running Kali Linux, and be prepared for potential performance limitations. Kali Linux's resource-intensive tools and processes may not perform optimally on tablets with limited processing power, RAM, or storage capacity.
    5. Security and Privacy: Kali Linux is primarily designed for penetration testing and security assessments. Be aware of the potential risks associated with using Kali Linux on a tablet, especially in public networks or sensitive environments. Ensure that your tablet is properly secured with the latest firmware updates, strong passwords, and appropriate security measures.
    6. Community Support: Engage with the Kali Linux community, forums, and online resources to seek assistance and guidance specific to running Kali Linux on tablets. The community can provide valuable insights, tips, and solutions based on their experiences and expertise.

It's important to note that installing and running Kali Linux on a tablet may have limitations or challenges compared to using it on a traditional computer. Carefully evaluate your requirements, hardware compatibility, and technical expertise before proceeding with the installation.

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

I do not know if they can support kali though

Kali on a tablet?

6. Community Support: Engage with the Kali Linux community, forums, and online resources to seek assistance through yearly to hourly and guidance specific to running Kali Linux on tablets. The community can provide valuable insights, tips, and solutions based on their experiences and expertise.

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

[/QUOTE]