Thread: Kali Installation Issue

Kali Installation Issue

I'm trying to install Kali on my old desktop with upto 4gb ram and 320gb hard disk space. I have 2 8gb rams flash drive, one containing the kali live image and the other containing the kali bare metal image. So whenever I try to install Kali using the live flash drive it always fails at "installing the system" but when I try to use the flash containing the bare metal, when I plug in the USB, my system just gets stuck on the loading screen I don't know why..
    But with the live USB it gets past the loading screen but fails at "installing the system"...
    When I tried putting my hard disk in a different computer to install with the bare metal USB, it successful install and works normally on the other computer but when I put the hard disk back into my computer after the installation of the bare metal image, it just stuck at the kali logo screen..

Please anyone know how I can fix this?
    And why the live version fails to install.

Live versions tend to come with more drivers and firmware 'baked in' because they don't know what they will be running on, installer version usually has 'most generic' stuff but not lots of optional.

If you use the live version, don't choose install at boot screen, start it later from the running system..

before trying to install Kali, format the hard disk to exFAT so the installer can see it properly.
    (if you do this from Kali Live, reboot to live system again before trying install)

It has totally even refused to boot into live system. Instead it just stuck at kali logo screen.

On the other computer, install it again, and when its running...

download firmware from here, file nearest top page labelled firmware;

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux...x-firmware.git

Once you have it, you need to extract it 'as is' to;

/lib/firmware/

Next time you boot it on the other system, it should have the firmware its missing to talk to the hardware..

once booted;

sudo apt update
    sudo apt full-upgrade