Thread: Installing via USB to cheap gateway computer

Installing via USB to cheap gateway computer

Hi

I'm using a Gateway GWTN156-11RD and I'm trying to install kali linux on my laptop and I ran into a snafu when my wifi driver was not detected. I had it installed before, but I tried installing the wifi driver through this link https://tutorialforlinux.com/2022/01...-step-by-step/ and it did not work.

I connected to the ethernet, however, every time I try to install it, the processes eventually terminates when it reaches a certain point and shuts down my computer leaving it uninstalled. Doing this multiple times also caused my USB stick to be unusable even though I cleared the partitions. It's a mess. Any help or advice?

If you have an ethernet connection, then the best advice I can give you is to install Kali and forget the wireless until you have the OS itself installed.

Once your installed and rebooted into Kali proper, with ethernet you can then compile and build your drivers for WiFi.

at present its failing because your asking the install to sort wifi and its balking and quitting

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Sheehan View Post
    If you have an ethernet connection, then the best advice I can give you is to install Kali and forget the wireless until you have the OS itself installed.

Once your installed and rebooted into Kali proper, with ethernet you can then compile and build your drivers for WiFi.

at present its failing because your asking the install to sort wifi and its balking and quitting
    That's informative, thanks!!!