Thread: Download problem - Kali Linux i386 iso fails to complete

Download problem - Kali Linux i386 iso fails to complete

Hello,
    I'm having difficulty downloading the Kali Linux i386 iso. I've tried 8 times with different arrangements and the download has stopped and recorded as 'download complete' at different amounts from 350Mb to 2.2Gb.
    I've tried Win 8, 7 and XP. Strangely the Win download manager also thought the download was complete - odd.
    The process appears normal, except slow (2 hrs on ADSL2+)
    Anyone any thoughts?
    Cheers,
    Terry

Are you using any download software?..I strongly suggest to avoid it is so, and download from the Kali linux download page.

Thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by maverik35 View Post
    Are you using any download software?..I strongly suggest to avoid it is so, and download from the Kali linux download page.
    I tried with and without download software. The downloads seemed to be being cut off at the server rather than this end?

Finished up downloading the mini-iso and working from there. It worked well.

Cheers,
    Terry

4. Torrents all the way. I suggest, using uTorrent, and grab the torrent file for the download. It's often faster than any http download, and it also (usually) never fails.
    Fact, Science and the Pursuit of Knowledge. Working to secure your networks from threats; Outside and Within.