Thread: Using Kali inside a Debian install

Using Kali inside a Debian install

Hi everyone,

I am currently using a Debian install (Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid), and would like to start playing with Kali. If possible, I would like to do it inside a Debian install.
    I could use Virtualbox, but maybe there is something more simple as I think it is a too big hammer for what I need (and maybe too much overhead).
    What about adding Kali's repos to my apt/sources.list?
    I have used Docker once a long time ago, is that the tool I need?

Thanks by advance for your thoughts.

You can add kali repos and then install kali tools on your present debian system..

Quote Originally Posted by Le Barde View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am currently using a Debian install (Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid), and would like to start playing with Kali. If possible, I would like to do it inside a Debian install.
    I could use Virtualbox, but maybe there is something more simple as I think it is a too big hammer for what I need (and maybe too much overhead).
    What about adding Kali's repos to my apt/sources.list?
    I have used Docker once a long time ago, is that the tool I need?

Thanks by advance for your thoughts.
    If you're using Debian and want to use Kali tools:

Adding Kali repositories: You can add Kali's repositories to your Debian's sources. list file to install Kali tools using apt-get. However, be cautious about potential compatibility issues and conflicts between packages.

Using Docker: Docker provides a lightweight option to set up a Kali container within your Debian installation, isolating Kali tools without impacting your host system.

Virtualization with tools like VirtualBox: VirtualBox allows running Kali as a virtual machine within Debian, providing a complete virtualized environment for exploring Kali tools.

Consider your requirements, technical proficiency, and factors such as compatibility, performance, and isolation level when choosing the best approach for you.