Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Install Kali ARM on a Raspberry Pi

I have installed it onto a 32GB card but it seems to be a basic version.
    None of the tools seem to be pre loaded. I am on 1.0.9.10+kali1~r2u1 for armhf
    This was the newest version on the web site. Anyone else had this happen too?

My wireless adapter seems to be unhappy with me and my RPi 2 Mod. B. I'm running the latest Kali ARM image on my Pi, and it's all fine and well, except for the adapter. It picks up that a wireless adapter is connected, but doesn't let me connect to a network. Says "device is not managed". My ethernet adapter is fine, but the weird thing is that none of the adapters are called normal things. There is no "wlan0" or anything, just "lo", along with the adapters' weird names: "enxe84e0634f2a8" (which I'm pretty sure is the wireless one, it's followed by a bunch of stuff including "Nickname:"<WIFI@REALTEK>"") and "enxb827eb953357". Why do they have those names? Not only do they have those names, but I can't do anything with them. I can access the internet, but it's slow, and when I use Airmon-ng, it doesn't do anything, and reports that it can't monitor mode the adapter. Any help?

I've been having issues of my own with this build, but the issue your facing is an easy solution (sort of).
    I found that if you open terminal and do a quick

apt-get update

then

apt-get upgrade

and give it a sec, you should get some menus with aircrack-ng and nmap and some others. It's not everything we are supposed to get, but it's something, and if you want other specific scripts you can just APT-GET INSTALL them. ("apt-get install ophcrack" for example)

Quote Originally Posted by algy3289 View Post
    I have installed it onto a 32GB card but it seems to be a basic version.
    None of the tools seem to be pre loaded. I am on 1.0.9.10+kali1~r2u1 for armhf
    This was the newest version on the web site. Anyone else had this happen too?
    I found out that the rPi image is basically an empty image. You have to install the tools you want/need using apt-get. The meta-packages is a good start.
    Last edited by Toontje; 2016-03-14 at 10:26.

Quote Originally Posted by richtercamden View Post
    My wireless adapter seems to be unhappy with me and my RPi 2 Mod. B. I'm running the latest Kali ARM image on my Pi, and it's all fine and well, except for the adapter. It picks up that a wireless adapter is connected, but doesn't let me connect to a network. Says "device is not managed". My ethernet adapter is fine, but the weird thing is that none of the adapters are called normal things. There is no "wlan0" or anything, just "lo", along with the adapters' weird names: "enxe84e0634f2a8" (which I'm pretty sure is the wireless one, it's followed by a bunch of stuff including "Nickname:"<WIFI@REALTEK>"") and "enxb827eb953357". Why do they have those names? Not only do they have those names, but I can't do anything with them. I can access the internet, but it's slow, and when I use Airmon-ng, it doesn't do anything, and reports that it can't monitor mode the adapter. Any help?
    Same here.
    Last edited by Toontje; 2016-03-14 at 10:27.

Quote Originally Posted by richtercamden View Post
    Hi richtercamden,

The new images are using persistent interfaces. You can switch back to the classic interface naming convention (wlan0, eth0, etc.) by adding the following keywords to the first line in your /boot/cmdline.txt:

Code:
    net.ifnames=0 biosdevname=0
    Don't forget to mount /boot:

Code:
    sudo mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /boot
    More tips and a walk through of installing kali on a raspberry pi can be found in the Sticky-Finger's Kali-Pi blog under:

http://whitedome.com.au/kali-pi

Hope that helps,
    Re4son
    Last edited by re4son; 2016-04-16 at 05:55. Reason: URL update

help please

Hello, when opening applications i have no kali menu to open tools
    I downloaded Meta packages from: 'apt-get update && apt-cache search kali-linux-full' but I didn't see any changes
    I have the raspberry pi 2/3 arm image
    16 gb SD card

What do i do?

EDIT: I now did the: apt-get update
    And apt-get upgrade
    I now got some tools but if in a video for puspose i need social engineering tool
    What command do i need to use to download that?
    Apt-get update social engineering tool
    Apt-get upgrade social engineering tool??
    Last edited by Sungod Ra; 2016-03-22 at 08:56. Reason: Made some steps

I'm new to Linux and the RPi... so please bear with me.

I'm trying to follow this guide, granted it's a bit old. I'm able to install Kali just fine, but when I get to the part where I install the adafruit software, I get an error ("package architecture (armhf) does not match system (armel) "). This is step 6 of the third section, "Step Three: Plug Everything In and Power On".

I've tried using this one, here: https://images.offensive-security.co...-rpitft.img.xz

Any suggestions?

I'm on a Raspberry B+

Quote Originally Posted by Sungod Ra View Post
    Hello, when opening applications i have no kali menu to open tools
    I downloaded Meta packages from: 'apt-get update && apt-cache search kali-linux-full' but I didn't see any changes
    I have the raspberry pi 2/3 arm image
    16 gb SD card

What do i do?

EDIT: I now did the: apt-get update
    And apt-get upgrade
    I now got some tools but if in a video for puspose i need social engineering tool
    What command do i need to use to download that?
    Apt-get update social engineering tool
    Apt-get upgrade social engineering tool??
    Thanks for this, I now have some tools too. Does anyone know where I can download the full list of what is available with apt-get command. Like to download a number more that OI have on the desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by forensic View Post
    Thanks for this, I now have some tools too. Does anyone know where I can download the full list of what is available with apt-get command. Like to download a number more that OI have on the desktop.
    Just use one of the metapackages listed here:

https://www.kali.org/news/kali-linux-metapackages/

e.g. via:

Code:
    apt-get update
    apt-get install kali-linux-full
    Hope that helps,
    Re4son

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by re4son View Post

e.g. via:

Code:
    apt-get update
    Hope that helps,
    Re4son
    Thanks, just what I required..

e.g. via:

Code:
    apt-get update
    Hope that helps,
    Re4son
    I did that on a 16 gb sd card because that kali-Linux-full=9 gb (source:https://www.kali.org/news/kali-linux-metapackages/)
    After 3 hours of downloading.... Errors...
    i got some new tools but not the tools i ment....
    IMG_6639.jpg
    IMG_6640.jpg

Code:
    apt-get update
    Hmmm... I'm getting a "Unable to locate any package kali-linux-full"... I tried "kali-linux*" and got a similar error.

Quote Originally Posted by slow_one View Post
    Hmmm... I'm getting a "Unable to locate any package kali-linux-full"... I tried "kali-linux*" and got a similar error.
    That means you have no internet connection, put an cable in and restart the rPI

Hello folks,

I'm having issues with installing Kali-ARM for Raspberry Pi 2.
    Being fairly new to the Pi with Kali I don't know where the error is being generated from.
    Sad enough, even Google couldn't find me a solution. In the image you can see the error.

I tried flashing the image on a mini SD card (SanDisk Class 10 16GB) with 'dd' and 'Win32DiskImager'
    Neither worked. Plus, I had to restore the partitions on the SD card since the image messed it up to
    only viewing 60MB afterwards and having 14GB unallocated.

Hope someone can help me out here.

Hi,

maybe somebody can tell me where I go wrong.

I have a RPi B+ and a SanDisk Ultra 32GB MicroSD HC I.

I downloaded the Images

kali-linux-light-2016.1-armel.img.xz
    kali-linux-light-2016.1-armhf.img.xz

from

http://cdimage.kali.org/kali-2016.1/

I also used the Images from the download site. All result in the same error

IMG_20160416_202444.687.jpg

My way is:
    I use "xz -dv Imagefile.xz" than I use "dd if=imagefile of=/dev/sda1"

Anyone an idea what I do wrong?

Damm I found the Problem maybe. Using dd to write to sda1 is wrong, it should be only sda -.-

NOPE, still nope (((
    Last edited by MegaTraveller; 2016-04-16 at 19:55.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaTraveller View Post
    Damm I found the Problem maybe. Using dd to write to sda1 is wrong, it should be only sda -.-

NOPE, still nope (((
    Hi MegaTraveller,

try the Raspberry Pi images from the ARM Download page:

https://www.offensive-security.com/k...ux-arm-images/

This one here should do the trick:

https://images.offensive-security.co...1.2-rpi.img.xz

Hope that helps,
    Re4son

Quote Originally Posted by forensic View Post
    Thanks, just what I required..
    is RP3 image need Full Package ? its about 7GB i think all package has been installed .

Hello,

I downloaded the Raspberry Pi images from the ARM Download page: (image name RaspberryPi 2 / 3)

When I check the SHA1SUM, it does not match with the one on the page where I downloaded it : do you think I can install it anyway on my Pi3?
    Is it possible to install on a Pi3 a full version of Kali?

Thanks in advance for your help

What about setting up the encryption + LUKS on the RPi3 in Kali 2 (latest version)?

The only existing topic that exists addressing such question is from here but it doesn't work anymore either (just like the OffSec's official tutorial).

It's now outdated as it seems.

Anyone here succeeded in getting it to work on the Pi 2/3 with Kali 2 (rolling)?

for those having problems with installing Kali Linux ARM versions on Pi there is a great video on Youtube by Black Hack Wireless that worked really good for me....it was my first time trying to install anything I downloaded myself except the NOOBS files from the Foundation itself....

Cant boot v 2.1.2 in my Raspberry PI3

I put latest Kali image in my SD card as stated in the docs:

Code:
    sudo dd if=kali-2.1.2-rpi2.img of=/dev/rdisk3 bs=512k
    Raspberry PI 3 boots and starts to load network services but instead of starting X interface it reboots over and over and again

I've tried 2 different SD card 8GB and 16GB, but with the same results...

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and just received my RPi and need some assistance installing Kali on Raspberry Pi 2 and it boots up to the rainbow screen. Read several forum posts that pointed to power and faulty SD card. After several unsuccessful tries, I installed Raspbian and it booted up without any issues. I am using a Samsung EVO Plus 32GB Class 10. Tried adding the "boot_delay=1" but still not booting up. I am using a Macbook Pro with the latest OS and Windows 7. I tried mounting the Kali IMG (from two different sites) with terminal and with Apple-Pi Baker app, then tried it on my Windows computer using Win32Imager and still boots up to the rainbow screen. I dont know what else to do, does anybody have any suggestions that i can try?

Thank you!

Raspberry Pi 3 + Adafruit TFT HELP!

Ok - help needed - Raspberry Pi 3 with an Adafruit TFT display. I am downloading the correct image and writing it with Win32 DiskImage to an 8GB MicroSD. Pop it into my Pi, boot only to a white screen. HELP!

You've probably downloaded the pi-tft image for the Pi 1. It doesn't work with a Pi 2/3.
    You can find a step-by-step guide to get the display to work with kali on newer model Pi's here:
    https://whitedome.com.au/re4son/sticky-fingers-kali-pi/

It's also available as ready-to-go image:
    https://whitedome.com.au/re4son/stic...stalled-image/

Hope that helps,
    Re4son

do you know how to make a persistence partition? my kali image on my pi only has a couple megabytes out of 32 gbs?

how big of space do you have for all of your docs, n stuff?

can you help me create a persistence partition without encryption?
    Last edited by maiki; 2017-01-18 at 10:22. Reason: Merge posts

Is this image an "Embedded Linux?"

Kali Linux RaspberryPi 2 and 3 Crashes on dist-upgrade

I downloaded the latest Kali for RPi3 "Kali Linux RaspberryPi 2 and 3". I am installing on a RPi3B. I was able to format a 64G Class-10 SDCard, and using Win32DiskImager installed Kali.
    After booting up, I wanted to update. I did the following:

Code:
    apt update
    with no problem. However, when I issue the dist-upgrade command:

Code:
    apt dist-upgrade
    At the 50% mark of the install, the system crashes and restarts, only to crash and restart again.

Is there something wrong with the dist-upgrade package?

You could try saving image to disk and selecting from Noobs install menu?
    I downloaded the image and used Balena Etcher to burn sd card, works perfectly, but I need help adjusting HD resolution to 1920x1080.

Hi All,

Could anyone please let me know whether Kali Linux is available for Raspberry Pi 4? I tried using the one which is in Kali Downloads Website but it is not working. Tried 32 as well as 64 bit but both are not working. I mean, when we power on the RasPi4 it won't display anything. However if we use the raspbian OS it works perfectly.

So anyone know what went wrong or can guide me to download Kali for RasPi4?

Thanks for sharing information all of this

Is Kali Linux 64-bit image for RPi model 4 available?
    If yes, can someone please provide link to its download page?
    Thanks in advance.

Downloading the image for arm rpi4

Quote Originally Posted by abcd567 View Post
    Is Kali Linux 64-bit image for RPi model 4 available?
    If yes, can someone please provide link to its download page?
    Thanks in advance.
    I got the image from this link:

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by chr155 View Post
    Hello!

I just tried to install the Kali ARM on a Raspberry Pi, exact to the Instruction.....
    The image was copied to the sd-card, but it only generates one partition!?!
    That`s not normal.
    After I insered the sc-card to the r-pi, it won`t boot up.

IDEA?!?

Thanks.

Greats
    Chris
    You are right i also tried to install kali linux rpi 2, 3, 4 32bits to my 32GB sd card but it shows some startup text and gets stuck at a blank screen.i have tried balena etcher, rufus, raspberry pi imager but no changes every time the same result . i have tried win32 disk imager this time lets see if it works or not.

I'm working with a pi3 B v1.2 and installed kali 2020.3. That took a few tries as memory seemed to cause issues in the full upgrade.
    Up and running now and trying to get a TPLink TL-WN722N v3.28 working in monitor mode and hitting some walls. I know this isn't supported by default and requires special drivers to get monitor and injection working and this is where I run into problems.

I wasn't able to find a pi specific guide to getting the correct driver built and installed, so I tried my best and got close but it's not working:
    I installed kalipi-kernel-headers aircrack-ng and bc
    cloned from github.com/aircrack-ng/rtl8188eus (v5.3.9 commit: d3de55d)
    added "blacklist rtl8188eu" to the conf file
    did a make & make install
    at this point, aside from some warnings (not great, but hoping not fatal) and appeared to build and install correctly.
    rebooted
    Checked ifconfig iwconfig and then plugged in the adapter. Comes up as wlan1 but I'm not sure it's totally working. I can connect to a AP with built-in wlan0, but not wlan1.
    It shows up as disabled (as does wlan0 until connected) in the taskbar
    I can take down wlan1 but can't configure in monitor mode. I can change modes between "auto" and "managed", but attempting "monitor" mode results in error (-19). Seems the driver can't configure that mode from this adapter. From what I've read it is possible, but that's also from folks running VMs on x86 or raspian on the pi.

Any suggestion to get this working, or know of a guide to get the TL-WN722N v3.28 working on kali 2020.3?
    Thanks

I have a raspberry pi 4 8gb.

Has anyone had any luck with this model yet?

I?ve been trying to get Kali running on my Pi4 I set sd card up correctly but no image on monitor please help!

Hello. It is required to increase the size of the partition /boot. I tried it on an external system through Gparted, but when applying a change to increase the volume, for some reason an error pops up. Tell me if there is a way to set the size /boot size in the installation iso-image to more than ~ 126 MB? For example 500Mb... In how the file iso-image says which section should take up how much space?

Hello. It is required to increase the size of the partition /boot. I tried it on an external system through Gparted, but when applying a change to increase the volume, for some reason an error pops up. Tell me if there is a way to set the size /boot size in the installation iso-image to more than ~ 126 MB? For example 500Mb... In how the file iso-image says which section should take up how much space?

I was trying to install the Kali Linux ARM image kali-linux-2020.4-rpi4-nexmon.img.xz on my old Raspberry pi 2 v1.1. The install says minimum of 8GB SD, but the image decompresses to 9.3 Gb so it won't fit on an 8GB SD. I might be doing something wrong, but maybe the install notes need to be updated for a 16Gb minimum SD?

HI,

I am trying to boot Kali on Pi 4.

it starts with a rainbow screen, then proceeds with loading but immediately aborts and repeats the cycle again.

like as on an image below.

Any ideas?

Hello everyone. The latest version of x32 (4.19.127-Re4son-v7l+) potassium for raspberry 4b. I can not set up auto login. According to the instructions, you should uncomment in the file:
    /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
    lines:
    autologin-user=kali
    autologin-user-timeout=0
    pam-autologin-service=lightdm-autologin
    but when the system is rebooted, the window with the login and password still hangs.
    Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong?
    lightdm.jpg

Hello I'm using Rpi4 with 2021.2 32bit as recommended. Bluetooth does not exist. I have tried the suggestions:
    sudo systemctl enable --now uart.service - this says uart does not exist

i have tried rkill unblock, systemctl enable, and anything I could find on the internet. I can never get the icon to appear in the top corner. When I go to the app menu
    and open the bluetooth manager or adapters I get nothing. There is a flicker like the app is going to open but it disappears immediately.
    There was a post on youtube saying that the bluez package is causing the issue. I tried to downgrade but there is a dependency that can't be removed.

Has anyone gotten bluetooth to work?

Hi bolexxx!

I have a raspberry pi model 3 b+ and tried installation a headless Kali pi os to the board. I burned the "kali-linux-2021.3-rpi4-nexmon-armhf.img.xz" image using either rufus.exe or Balena etcher.
    I followed the tutorial given by: https://medium.com/@TheNeelOfficial/...i-9e54c16c2475

The problem is, I can not connect to the pi by ssh because I can't find the IP address with run nmap or other tools using my smartphone!

Any help would much appreciated.

Thank you!

Just installed kali linux 64bt on my raspberry pi 400, and wired ethernet is not working.... wifi is.

Which is the correct image for the new Raspberry Pi Zero 2 please?
    I believe that it has the processor from a Pi 3 but will the Pi3 image have the correct wireless drivers?

I successfully installed Kali on my SSD and able to operated as expected but i found several strange behaviors when several tries. These strange behaviors recurred from time to time when i flashed image onto my SSD.

1. sometimes, network shown as expected but sometimes, no network shown - make change on kalipi-config, kali-tweaks, service network-manager start, restart, etc.

2. I can't upgrade after first boot, with several errors - certificate issue, can't fetch file from repository, etc.

But, above errors didn't appear when image was flashed on micro SD Card. I used recent image 2022.1 version, i'll try on previous version instead.

I have been trying to use my Raspi 3b+ 1gb for Kali and it seems like the most recent version needs at least 2gb of ram to properly function. It works and all but opening any web browser causes the memory to run out almost immediately. Just getting the wifi drivers installed seems almost impossible on only 1gb. Is there a version that is known to run fine on 1gb?