I have installed kali linux 2023.1 on my sony vaio laptop in UEFI MODE using graphic intsaller o a external ssd. In BIOS I have set boot order to first boot from external device and secure boot is disabled. I have also windows 10 os (installed on a separate ssd attached to my laptop) and ubuntu os installed in a pendrive. The kali linux runs smoothlty but whenever I boot to windows 10 or ubuntu and tried to agian boot to kali linux I got stuck at the grub minimal bash line error. After searching through kali forums I got a temporary solution. I boot to ubuntu 20.04 and in terminal typed the following commands :

sudo mount /dev/sdd3 /mnt
~# sudo mount --bind /dev /mnt/dev
~# sudo mount --bind /proc /mnt/proc
~# sudo mount --bind /sys /mnt/sys
~# sudo mount /dev/sdd1 /mnt/boot/efi
~# sudo chroot /mnt
~# grub-install /mnt
Installing for x86_64-efi platform.
Installation finished. No error reported.
~# update-grub

then Exit
~# sudo umount /mnt/dev
~# sudo umount /mnt/proc
~# sudo umount /mnt/sys
~# sudo umount -l /mnt

After running the above commands When I tried to boot to kali linux again got the grub minimal bash line error but this time in grub command line typed EXIT and it let me boot to kali linux noarmally and then I updated grub in kali terminal : sudo update-grub.

The problem is everytime I want to boot to kali linux, first I have to run ubuntu os (from my pendrive) then run these commands on terminal and boot to kali linux and then update grub. I want a permanent solution where I can directly boot to kali linux from my external ssd , just plug-in and play as I run my ubuntu 20.04 on pendrive without any hassle.