Thread: Wordlist generator and remover

Wordlist generator and remover

So this question has been on my mind for a while, could there or is there a way that one could have a program that creates a word list, as the program (like hydra) uses it, then it constantly deletes the words that it uses. The reason I bring this up is to tried to avoid those huge wordlist files that can become cumbersome. In this fasion, you would no longer be limited to the size of your computer for how many passwords you could try. So if there is a way to do this please let me know, it will be much appreciated.

There is a way to do it with the included program "crunch". You can have it output the generated words into another program as it uses them, without making an .txt file. I don't know the specifics but i found it easily with google a few days ago.

You want crunch which is included with kali. Crunch generates every possible combination of characters you tell it too. Tape did a wonderful write up on how to use it.
    http://adaywithtape.blogspot.com/201...runch-v30.html
    I like the bleeding edge, but I don't like blood loss!

Quote Originally Posted by bofh28 View Post
    You want crunch which is included with kali. Crunch generates every possible combination of characters you tell it too. Tape did a wonderful write up on how to use it.
    I love the site thank you. But i'm looking for a program with the combination of something like hydra and crunch together. So lets say your running a brute force attack, I don't want to have 25+ GB of generated word lists. So the program starts like hydra but it generates its own list while running, so it generates a word, uses it, then deletes it, then repeats the cycle. So it removes the fact of taking up a ton of disk space if you need to be attacking complicated passwords.

P.S. I have use crunch a lot, it is great but takes up so much space sometimes

5. Quote Originally Posted by bofh28 View Post
    That single post was the most viewed ever until I did the one on using reaver

One important thing to note now when using crunch on Kali Linux;

You have to know the location of 'charset.lst' before you are able to utilize the charset functions.
    Previously it would be simple as you would cd to /pentest/passwords/crunch/ and run the crunch
    command from there so could call the charset.lst directly.

Now I cant seem to even find crunch's charset.lst in Kali, so you would need to place that in a directory you will remember,
    I think with Kali this type of situation is possibly going to be the case with a few programs that previously had conf files etc
    in their own directory, so I have simply made a conf directory where I place such files.

6. Quote Originally Posted by magnum199547 View Post
    I love the site thank you. But i'm looking for a program with the combination of something like hydra and crunch together. So lets say your running a brute force attack, I don't want to have 25+ GB of generated word lists. So the program starts like hydra but it generates its own list while running, so it generates a word, uses it, then deletes it, then repeats the cycle. So it removes the fact of taking up a ton of disk space if you need to be attacking complicated passwords.

P.S. I have use crunch a lot, it is great but takes up so much space sometimes
    Are you looking to use brute force on hydra or was that just a general example ?
    hydra does include a bruteforce option with -x
    Code:

hydra -x -h
    for information on hydra's bruteforce usage.

you mean something like this:

hydra -s 995 -S -v -V -l [email protected] -x A:B:CDEFGHIJ -t 64 pop3.live.com pop3
    A is min character, B is max character, CDEFGHIJ are the characters you want to use. i am going back to my cave, good night.

Is cupp onboard on kali? i cant find it.
    Or any installation guides ?

Greetings from Switzerland