Thread: How to enable Bluetooth & How to add Dell Bluetooth Travel Mouse in Kali Linux

Question How to enable Bluetooth & How to add Dell Bluetooth Travel Mouse in Kali Linux

Hi,

I am using Dell XPS L502x laptop. I have Windows 7 & Kali Linux installed on my laptop. I am able to use my Dell Bluetooth Travel Mouse in Windows 7, but it is not detected in Kali Linux. In Kali Linux Bluetooth is turned off (showing in notification bar at upper right hand corner). I have triend to turn it on by dragging the on/off slider in settings, but it did not work. Its not detecting bluetooth devices. Wireless radio is turned on and wireless work absolutely fine. Let me know how to enable bluetooth on my laptop & how to add Bluetooth Mouse.

Thanks,
    Vidya Sagar

I also have a dell bluetooth travel mouse and found some things that might help help.

check that bluetooth is installed by running this command

aptitude install bluetooth

I am pretty sure it is installed but....

Next check that the daemon is running

/etc/init.d/bluetooth status

if not replace the word status with start to start (stop will stop the daemon)

Then click on Applications in the upper right of the desktop, and from there
    go to System Tools -> Preferences -> Main Menu

In the new window that opens, click into Other and click in the check box on the left of the window to "show" Bluetooth Device Setup.

Close the window

NOW

Click the Applications icon again -> Other and you should now see the Bluetooth Device Setup.
    From there it should be simple to pair the device.

Hope this helps!

Thanks bro......... i

Thanks bro for help....... it's working

If I am not mistaken bluetooth should already by enabled by default on any kali installation?
    Last edited by maiki; 2017-05-25 at 07:53. Reason: Remove URL

works Great

it was working with me but when i make a persistence kali on my USB, for some reasons bluetooth no more working, and when i did the exact methods provided by Dcrusoe, it works great, thanks alot Dear Dcrusoe, you are the best
    Last edited by maiki; 2017-05-25 at 08:01. Reason: Remove URL

Found this older thread and it helped me get bluetooth enabled. So thank you for that.

However, After I enable bluetooth and it discovers the new device, I click the device to add it and it causes Kali 2.0 to freeze (lockup and crash). I am trying to use the Microsoft Arc mouse that I use all of the time on the same device in Windows. Any ideas on why it would cause the OS to freeze? I am running Kali on USB persistence.

if it helps.... when I run /etc/init.d/bluetooth status I get -
    Sap driver initialization failed,
    sap-server: operation not permitted (1)

Quote Originally Posted by funkytechmonkey View Post
    if it helps.... when I run /etc/init.d/bluetooth status I get -
    Sap driver initialization failed,
    sap-server: operation not permitted (1)
    I get the same error, but mine doesn't crash, it just connects briefly and then disconnects. Never to connect again....

Any help will be STRONGLY appreciated.
    Last edited by maiki; 2017-05-25 at 07:39. Reason: fix quote

Service bluetooth start in avvio automatico

Quote Originally Posted by vidyasagar View Post
    Hi,

I am using Dell XPS L502x laptop. I have Windows 7 & Kali Linux installed on my laptop. I am able to use my Dell Bluetooth Travel Mouse in Windows 7, but it is not detected in Kali Linux. In Kali Linux Bluetooth is turned off (showing in notification bar at upper right hand corner). I have triend to turn it on by dragging the on/off slider in settings, but it did not work. Its not detecting bluetooth devices. Wireless radio is turned on and wireless work absolutely fine. Let me know how to enable bluetooth on my laptop & how to add Bluetooth Mouse.

Thanks,
    Vidya Sagar

Hi everyone I also have a problem with bluetooth, especially with the automatic launch of the bluetooth service. I explain: I connected my mouse to the successfully running pc with a command bash the active (bluetooth startup service) i called blu.sh) and the service part and works. Hours I wanted to start this service all the boot of the system, but I can not. I put in /etc/rc.local the command "start bluetooth service, but nothing to do I also inserted in the" default "folder and even in resolv .conf and even in /etc/init.d/bluetooth, but nothing is done, here is the situation, if i do ./blu.sh the mouse works a miracle. Some one explains how i should do Please ? Thanks in advance.
    Sorry my bad English (google translator) my kali (Linux zz 4.9.0-kali4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.25-1kali1 (2017-05-04) x86_64 GNU/Linux)
    my pc (product: HP Notebook (X0L41EA#ABZ)
    vendor: HP
    version: Type1ProductConfigId
    width: 64 bits
    capabilities:
    SMBIOS version 2.8,
    DMI version 2.8,
    Symmetric Multi-Processing,
    32-bit processes)