So with all this new "build your own distribution" technology, does that mean that I can enable the official Debian Testing and/or even debian Sid repositories and not suffer a "dependency-****"? I currently have a box with Gentoo as my main operating system, and Debian Testing for the huge repositories they have. (Although lately I've been playing around with eix and remote overlays, the total amount of ebuilds available may very well exceed that of Debian as you have, for example, the Exherbo overlay, and the Pentoo overlay, etc.)

I have high expectations as I am an experienced user of Linux, it has been my hobby for years now to play with this shiny toy and learn its inner workings by breaking it and fixing it, comparing the efficiency of the "fixing" process so that I may ultimately find my "perfect match" and "settle down", so to say haha.

I currently have several tarballs of various systems on hold for testing, like slackware-current and openSUSE simply because I can do such things when Linux software is free of charge.

Thank you for reading. (: