Hello, fellow forum members,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm reaching out to the community as I'm encountering a rather frustrating issue with my Bash Bunny Mark 2 on Kali Linux. I've tried various troubleshooting steps, but unfortunately, the problem persists.

Here are the details of my issue:

Problem Summary:

• Device: Bash Bunny Mark 2
  • Initial Status: The Bash Bunny Mark 2 was initially recognized by Kali Linux. It would show up on the Desktop and in the file manager. I was able to work with the device.
  • Current Issue: After testing a payload on Windows 10, the Bash Bunny Mark 2 stopped being recognized on Kali Linux.
  • Behavior: When plugged in, the Bash Bunny turns on with a green light for about 3 seconds and then goes dark.
  • Troubleshooting Attempts:
    • Used lsusb and dmesg | tail commands to locate the device. The device information is displayed(sometimes).
    • Reinstalled the Kali Linux OS.
    • Troubleshoot the file manager settings with no success.
    • USB Rubberducky works as intended with Kali. I plug it into Kali and it pops open on my Desktop and is listed as a Device in my file manager.

System Information:

• Release: 2023.3
  • Codename: kali-rolling

Questions:

1. Has anyone else encountered a similar issue with the Bash Bunny Mark 2 on Kali Linux?
  2. Are there any known compatibility issues between Bash Bunny Mark 2 and Kali Linux?
  3. Is there any specific configuration or driver installation required for the Bash Bunny Mark 2 to function properly on Kali Linux?
  4. Can anyone help?

I find it perplexing that the Bash Bunny Mark 2 works flawlessly on Windows OS, but is having trouble connecting to Kali Linux. Any insights, suggestions, or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Best regards, Intelkush