Thread: 3 PROBLMS With Kali Linux.

3 PROBLMS With Kali Linux.

I have been running K/Linux from V 1.0 manged to fully update it last night.
    However from the start ,even before I installed it on the hard-drive I get Black Screen Of Death by clicking on the Ice-weasel Icon this will crash the system 100% of the time.
    So will going into the internet settings. Going into System Settings gives me a 60% chance of the Screen Crashing in the same way.
    When i got into system settings & set up regular account and installed Chrome which seams to run fine.
    Last night downloaded K/L 1.3 Same problems,

2. My favorite Tool is WIFITE
    I have downloaded both 32/64 bit even other peoples.KDE Versions might have been cannonsecuritys but same error ./wifite.py No Such File or Directory.
    I realize it might be New User Error but after weeks trying .I need help ?

3.Where is Easy-Creds my Number 2

As everything works fine in Back-Track R3

Any help appreciated. P.S. how long will I be able apt-get update Back-track R3

hello
    same problem here

./wifite.py No Such File or Directory

any help

Quote Originally Posted by D.D. View Post
    I have been running K/Linux from V 1.0 manged to fully update it last night.
    However from the start ,even before I installed it on the hard-drive I get Black Screen Of Death by clicking on the Ice-weasel Icon this will crash the system 100% of the time.
    So will going into the internet settings. Going into System Settings gives me a 60% chance of the Screen Crashing in the same way.
    When i got into system settings & set up regular account and installed Chrome which seams to run fine.
    Last night downloaded K/L 1.3 Same problems,

2. My favorite Tool is WIFITE
    I have downloaded both 32/64 bit even other peoples.KDE Versions might have been cannonsecuritys but same error ./wifite.py No Such File or Directory.
    I realize it might be New User Error but after weeks trying .I need help ?

3.Where is Easy-Creds my Number 2

As everything works fine in Back-Track R3

Any help appreciated. P.S. how long will I be able apt-get update Back-track R3
    Let me answer your queries one a time ..

1. It seems to be bug with IceWeasel- if you try to delete or move pre-bookmarked items, Kali crashes for few users.
    Fix: Open bookmark manager and delete or re-arrange bookmarks from there.
    If your problem is different to this, walk the community through so that we can able to reproduce it.

Internet-Settings and System Settings crash is due to KDE, Gnome/MATE/LXDE/XFCE worked fine so far. See here

2. For Wifite just wifite is fine. Kali is FHS complaint. See here .. that means your don't need to type in wifitie.py or cd into /pentest folder. You can run anything from anywhere.

3. Look into /usr/share/ for all applications(mostly) Also find/which/dpkg is your friend ... if it doesn't exists in your system at all, go to https://github.com/brav0hax/easy-creds and you should know the rest.

And no, BT is not coming back, no more apt-get update, nada.

It's long gone and no more packages will be tested on that officially by Offensive Security as far I am aware. Kali replaces BT and it's way better in every possible way I've tested.

Hope this answers all your questions. Enjoy.
    Last edited by blackMORE; 2013-10-28 at 16:14.

Good thing pentesting moved on to Debian..Excellent thing, could not be better.

FOr me, Iceweasel runs just fine..If you have any issues, uninstall it and reinstall it. I do not see the problem.

What keeps my attention and I have to ask: How are you installing Kali? How did you partitioned hdd in case you are installing on hdd?..It seems to me like a filesystem issue.

Dear friends, use the locate command:
    locate wifite

It will throw you all paths where wifite is located. Look for the wifite.py

Luck.