Thread: I didnt allocate enough Disk Space

I didnt allocate enough Disk Space

Ok, so when I log into Kali it tells me I have 0 hard disk space left....
    I am running it alongside Windows 7.

Is it possible to allocate more space to the partition or do I have to uninstall it and start over?
    Next question is if I have to uninstall it. It is set to boot from grub and of course lists Windows so I can log in there. If I delete the partitions from the windows side will it cause trouble with Grub and make me unable to log into windows?

Thanks in advance,

I suggest you boot up using a kali live CD and use GPARTED to resize your partion.

3. Quote Originally Posted by root-boy View Post
    I suggest you boot up using a kali live CD and use GPARTED to resize your partion.
    +1
    This is my suggestion as well., A benefit of using this route is that it should keep all your data intact. As a precaution, I would like to add a recommendation to backup any important files before hand.
    Fact, Science and the Pursuit of Knowledge. Working to secure your networks from threats; Outside and Within.

In a such case, before any action, the first thing to do is to save your data. As a working OS, or mounted as an extra HD to another box, or any other solution but save your data !

In your situation, the best starting point is a Live-CD, you can find one easily searching the web.
    You can find one in the Kali website, or in the Debian website : http://www.debian.org/CD/live/

The previous answers speak about GParted, and I add lvm (Logical Volume Manager). It’s a classic command line application, and you should find easily some howtos.

Can I use it from the Usb?

Can I run it live from UsB like when i did the install?

7. Yes, the USB will work just like a live cd.
    Fact, Science and the Pursuit of Knowledge. Working to secure your networks from threats; Outside and Within.

So long as you have enough space to resize the partition, the above answers should be of help to you.
    Check out my Youtube Channel! Search NetSecNow
    Check out my Facebook! - Search NetSecNow
    Check out my Blog! learnetsec@blogspot

Like and Subscribe! New videos every week!