Thread: OpenVAS-6 Startup script.

OpenVAS-6 Startup script.

I noticed that one thing that was lacking from the Kali Linux version of OpenVAS-6 was a start up option to start the services etc for you. So, I took it upon myself to write a quick bash script available HERE with a video explanation on how to use it, and a first look. The script also automatically updates the 3 repositories for Vulnerabilities.

Be sure to checkout my youtube channel for other Kali Linux Tutorials. All are spoken, and easy to understand. Search Youtube for NetSecNow

Enjoy the script and videos! New videos every week.
    Last edited by AfterBurn; 2013-06-03 at 16:18. Reason: Youtube rule - fixed.

Nice short sweet and simple, works great.

Thanks a lot! I have been busy, trying to release new videos every week, via NetSecNow on youtube. I am in the process of writing a few scripts for ToR/Proxy chains, etc. Just did a video on that setup today, as well as yesterday I did a video on Metasploit + Armitage setup, config and use.
    Check out my Youtube Channel! Search NetSecNow
    Check out my Facebook! - Search NetSecNow
    Check out my Blog! learnetsec@blogspot

Like and Subscribe! New videos every week!

make user added get admin role , just type on terminal ::
    openvasad --enable-modify-settings -c set_role -u yourUser -r Admin

Nice video bro, Keep making them. I keep getting this ssl connection error after I start the services. It worked flawlessly the first time.... I used the commands from the Backtrack Wiki to start the services.

Im using google chrome, I saved the certificate the first time, but i dont see the cert in my list , I tried it with Ice Weasel and it was a no go to.

This is the error

Code:
    Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.
    Error code: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR