Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kali boot's in text mode No GUI at all...

Kali boot's in text mode No GUI at all...

hi guys i am using kali gnome and i have installed it on my external hdd. But when boot kali it goes to text mode and it ask me for login details when i enter my login details instead of showing GUI it Displays big terminal.

thanks

Thats exactly correct. Once you logon in try typing in startx. Had the same problem actually on my first install on my external usb and I just had to type in startx. Let me know if it works.

its not backtrack 5 to use startx command for gui in kali use gdm3 command. you can later make a symbolic link to gdm3 with the name startx. it will then give gui with startx command as well.

It might be file system errors

use fsck command then reboot, first login by entering your password

Hi, I am having the same problem, however, gdm3 doesn't work. I tried fsck and came back with an error e2fsck cannot continue, aborting

Quote Originally Posted by magrtl View Post
    Hi, I am having the same problem, however, gdm3 doesn't work. I tried fsck and came back with an error e2fsck cannot continue, aborting
    i have the same issue with you, seems that no one has solve this yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bunnu1 View Post
    hi guys i am using kali gnome and i have installed it on my external hdd. But when boot kali it goes to text mode and it ask me for login details when i enter my login details instead of showing GUI it Displays big terminal.
    thanks
    Did you try deleting xorg.conf from /etc/X11 and rebooting your PC?

bg terminali

please help to solve big terminal problem after booting the system and after entering root and password
    thanks in advance

Can you be little more explicit..I do not understand...Can you boot into login screen or just cannot get even to that point.

Has anyone resolved this problem?, I've tried all of the above but nothing seems to work?