Thread: Kali Linux HardFloat running on Samsung Galaxy S4

Kali Linux HardFloat running on Samsung Galaxy S4

Hi guys, just letting everyone know i'm open to suggestions as to what to try out on the Galaxy S4, this is seriously a powerhouse phone from what i've been able to do with it so far. Nmap scans are thorough and quick, msfconsole opens fine, still wish i could find a tutorial or somewhere to start developing a way to use the internal wireless chipset to support monitor mode and packet injection. Also i'm having an error with postgresql when it comes to 'apt-get install' on some/most programs. Anyways folks, if you have something you'd like me to test out on this phone regarding to Kali Linux, lemme know something!

btw, if the internal wireless chipset becomes too daunting of a task for me to endure...what decently priced usb wifi dongles that use monitor mode and packet injection would yall reccomend for the OTG usb support?

preciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by HDD2 View Post
    Hi guys, just letting everyone know i'm open to suggestions as to what to try out on the Galaxy S4, this is seriously a powerhouse phone from what i've been able to do with it so far. Nmap scans are thorough and quick, msfconsole opens fine, still wish i could find a tutorial or somewhere to start developing a way to use the internal wireless chipset to support monitor mode and packet injection. Also i'm having an error with postgresql when it comes to 'apt-get install' on some/most programs. Anyways folks, if you have something you'd like me to test out on this phone regarding to Kali Linux, lemme know something!

btw, if the internal wireless chipset becomes too daunting of a task for me to endure...what decently priced usb wifi dongles that use monitor mode and packet injection would yall reccomend for the OTG usb support?

preciate it!
    Can you explain the installation proccess?, x windows works? can you open a session via vnc? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mezcal View Post
    Can you explain the installation proccess?, x windows works? can you open a session via vnc? thanks!
    Yep! no problem, its seriously cake. Download 'Linux Deploy' through the Play Store alongside a VNC viewing app. Once you open Linux Deploy, choose kali linux under options, change the filesize to be roughly 6-7GB (VERY IMPORTANT, i used 7168mb), then input your screen resolution further down within the options. Scroll all the way back to the top and tap "instal". The process will take roughly 10-20 minutes as long as you have a nice net connection. Also watch out and make sure your wifi is ON on your phone, otherwise this app WILL attempt and succeed in downloading that 1.4gb image over your phone service's network. After its been downloaded and installed, open your vnc viewer and connect to yourself using ip 127.0.0.1 port 5900 (127.0.0.1:5900 as RealVNC uses), the password is "changeme" ....which i highly suggest everyone does . once you're in, open a terminal and type "sudo apt-get update" then "sudo apt-get upgrade", afterwards type "sudo apt-get install kali-linux -yq" then kick back and watch the installation begin The only problems i've had with it so far is the postgresql glitches, not sure what all thats about though. Have fun, and good luck!!

Yep! no problem, its seriously cake. Download 'Linux Deploy' through the Play Store alongside a VNC viewing app. Once you open Linux Deploy, choose kali linux under options, change the filesize to be roughly 6-7GB (VERY IMPORTANT, i used 7168mb), then input your screen resolution further down within the options. Scroll all the way back to the top and tap "instal". The process will take roughly 10-20 minutes as long as you have a nice net connection. Also watch out and make sure your wifi is ON on your phone, otherwise this app WILL attempt and succeed in downloading that 1.4gb image over your phone service's network. After its been downloaded and installed, open your vnc viewer and connect to yourself using ip 127.0.0.1 port 5900 (127.0.0.1:5900 as RealVNC uses), the password is "changeme" ....which i highly suggest everyone does . once you're in, open a terminal and type "sudo apt-get update" then "sudo apt-get upgrade", afterwards type "sudo apt-get install kali-linux -yq" then kick back and watch the installation begin The only problems i've had with it so far is the postgresql glitches, not sure what all thats about though. Have fun, and good luck!!
    Thanks!! I install backtrack 5 on it but was a pain in the *** because i have to compile selinux and dependencies to get gnome to work, some applications fails on execution, and its armel (not armhf optimized) so i will try this distro, thanks again!

For HDD2 - I'm probably necro-ing the thread,but how long did the process take to run "apt-get install kali-linux -yq"? I've had my Galaxy S3 running this process now for over 36 hours and I'm going through the metasploit modules now. Hopefully it's not too much longer. It'd be nice to use my phone again someday....

Problems with Kali Linux download to Samsung Galaxy S4

I read your thread and tried your process but i keep gettng the error "updating environment....fail" do you have any sugestions?

Thanks

monroeiii

i do apologize for not keeping up with this thread, its been a long time since i've tinkered with the phone or kali. the install process should only take about 2 to 3 hours max. as for the 'updating environment' failure, are you sure you've allotted enough space for the install, gotta watch out to not allot too much due to the phones internal storage being so small :/
    Last edited by HDD2; 2014-03-24 at 01:56.