Thread: Reduced AUTONOMY with KALI-LINUX

Unhappy Reduced AUTONOMY with KALI-LINUX

FRENCH :J'AI Autonomie réduite de ma batterie après avoir installé Kali-Linux
    ma batterie ne dure plus les 3 heures comme prévue elle fait que [1h30 - 2h]
    quelqu'un pourrait me guider si ce que je dois faire pour remédier a cela mais je précise que lorsque je Boot sur seven l'autonomie de ma batterie devient normal la durée est normal

TRADUCTION ENGLISH: I have reduced Autonomy of my battery after having installed Kali-Linux: (my battery does not last any more the 3 hours as envisaged it only makes [1h30 - 2:00]
    somebody could guide me if what I must do to cure has that but I specify that when I Boot on seven the autonomy of my battery become normal the duration is normal: (

Something similar happens to me.

I installed Kali and activated laptop mode (See this post from the HowTo section of the forum: http://forums.kali.org/showthread.ph...-Mode-in-Kali! ), and battery duration is approx a half of what it lasts in Windows systems. I'm using a Toshiba laptop factory new (Satellite L850).

But I think this battery duration issue is something to be better supported in the following versions, (here is my particular constructive improvement suggestion, kali developers!!) as well as hybernation mode.

thank you I will test

Enable Laptop Mode in Kali!
    Mostly pen-testing distributions have the same issue they consume more battery power. There are a lot of things that we can do to lower the consumption of battery power most of them we already know like

1. Putting our computer to sleep when it is inactive.
    2. Setting our computer to hibernate mode when battery power is low.
    3. Slowing down the hard disk spin.
    4. Putting display to sleep when it is inactive.
    5. Reducing the back light brightness.
    6. Dimming display when the computer is idle.
    7. Turn off WiFi when not required
    8. Kill all unwanted processes
    9. Hard disk power saving option (hdparm -i /dev/sda if AdvancedPM=yes then hdparm -B 1 -S 12 /dev/sda)