Thread: Bluetooth Audio - device not found

Bluetooth Audio - device not found

Hello-
    I have a new install of Kali set up, and I've been able to successfuly pair my bluetooth headphones (Rocketfish RF-MAB2) to my laptop.

However, the headphones do not appear to have an audio device present in the Sound Preferences. The only device seen there is the "Built In Audio". I've been trying to search for an answer, and in the process have installed a handful of different bluetooth or audio packages, but to no avail. This is probably a fairly simple config fix, but I'm not seeing it. Can anyone lend a hand?

Quote Originally Posted by 0rsu View Post
    Hello-
    I have a new install of Kali set up, and I've been able to successfuly pair my bluetooth headphones (Rocketfish RF-MAB2) to my laptop.

However, the headphones do not appear to have an audio device present in the Sound Preferences. The only device seen there is the "Built In Audio". I've been trying to search for an answer, and in the process have installed a handful of different bluetooth or audio packages, but to no avail. This is probably a fairly simple config fix, but I'm not seeing it. Can anyone lend a hand?
    Did you ever figure this out? I managed to get my headset paired with Kali, but I can't get any audio through them. When I hit the play/pause button on the headset, I get a crossed-out-circle on the screen, so there is an active connection...

It's just a simple config fix. Found this link and solved my bluetooth headphone (sennheiser mm-550x) problems
    https://wiki.debian.org/BluetoothUser/a2dp

After following the instructions it worked. I attached a screen shot.
    Screenshot from 2016-06-12 18-27-34.jpg

I'm on Kali Rolling Version
    *Kernel release: 4.5.0-kali1-amd64
    *Kernel version: #1 SMP Debian 4.5.5-1kali1 (2016-06-06)
    *GNOME Shell 3.20.2
    Last edited by razorspells; 2016-06-12 at 13:09.