Thread: Problem during partition selection

Problem during partition selection

hey guys!!

i am entirely new to this operating system (kali as well as linux)
    when i followed kali official support for installing kali 1 on hdd i got hung up with a problem...
    while the partitoin process, there is a error kinda thing (a warning symbol) left to my file system ntfs...
    i could neither proceed with it nor resize the disk.....
    and i see only 4 partitions.....
    and my other remaining partitions are missing...

My laptop hp pavilion dm4 2165dx...

640gb hdd
    intel i3
    8gb ram
    win8 pro
    all disks shows dynamic when i see it from disk management in windows...

can any genius solve or find a solution for the PROBLEM!!!!

2. There are any number of possibilities that might be preventing you from getting further in the install than what you are expecting. I do see you have Windows 8 installed, it is possible your machine is using the UEFI bootloader? If so, it takes a bit more to get Kali to install on your machine. Just a recommendation, I know Linux is very tempting to learn, might like to suggest Ubuntu or Mint as they are very user friendly (subjectively/comparatively) than Kali, and all the tools in Kali can easily be installed in those distros.
    May want to look at this post: http://forums.kali.org/showthread.ph...all-Kali-Linux
    Last edited by charonsecurity; 2013-06-21 at 10:20.
    Fact, Science and the Pursuit of Knowledge. Working to secure your networks from threats; Outside and Within.

I used win32 for making live USB as posted in Dual boot Thread but there it says open gparted and resize a partition but if I have 2 partition 1 of 50 GB (empty space) and 2 of 100 GB (empty space) but I have data in 2nd partition so what should I do to dual boot also I have 2 partition of 50-50 GB but Kali is showing them 54-54 GB partition.

Please Help