Thread: [Script] WDrive 2.1 - Android GPS tethering to BT/Kali Linux

[Script] WDrive 2.1 - Android GPS tethering to BT/Kali Linux

This is my new version of WDrive 2.1

WDrive 2.1 is a script for Backtrack/Kali Linux that will enable you to
    "tether GPS data" from your Android Device to Backtrack/Kali using a USB Cable,
    this will then later be used to assign all this data to AP's discovered while "wardriving"
    and later loaded in either Google Maps or Google Earth which
    will show you where the AP's were located and which encryption they use + information about
    clients connected etc.
    This is VERY useful for those who need GPS Data but do not own a gps device.
    BlueNMEA is required running on your Aandroid device, you'll find this for free on the official Android Market (or Google Play)

Download and install + run (currently does not work, fixing it atm. Use the alternative download below):
    Code:
    wget wdrive.comlu.com/wdrive.sh
    chmod +x wdrive.sh
    cp wdrive.sh /usr/bin/wdrive

Now you can run wdrive from terminal simply by typing "wdrive"

Alternative download:
    Download: http://code.google.com/p/wdrive-bt5/downloads/list

Changelog:
    Code:

Wdrive 2.0.0-2 - Thu Jun 14 14:43:01 CEST 2012
      -Added ASCII art and menu
      -Added check for installation
      -Added option to make a kml file out of old Kismet log files
      -New coloring and other text related changes
      -Hardcoded some commands
    WDrive 2.0.3 - Wed Jun 20 16:52:01 CEST 2012
      -Added Installation
      -Added changelog
      -Added trapped Ctrl + c with cleaning up
      -Cleaned up code more
      -Added "check gps" on main menu
      -Before telling you Kismet, gpsd and socat is running it will check for it
       if failed it will tell you to resetup
      -New way of finding IP
      -No more network restarting
      -Shortened down some sleep times, still testing and altering those
      -Some other small changes
      -Remember created mon(x) and remove it once script is done
    WDrive 2.0.4 - Wed Jun 20 18:32:05 CEST 2012
      -Fixed some kml making bugs and I'm 99% positive it works now
      -Installation script remade into easier way
      -Added text ontop (header)
      -Removed DHCPCD client, seems like I don't even need that anymore
    Wdrive 2.0.5 - Fri Jun 22 03:23:21 CEST 2012
      -Improved kml making, it will now move all files from /tmp/
      -Reveresed the order of changelog updates
      -Added online check for update with download link
    Wdrive 2.0.6 - Fri Jun 22 05:29:30 CEST 2012
      -Added onliecheck + online update
      -improved offline update check
    Wdrive 2.1 - Fri Jun 22 14:16:02 CEST 2012
      -Wdrive 2.1 Final release, no longer beta release
      -Improved some minor installation checks
      -Please report any bugs to [email protected]
    PS! Wdrive 2012 copyright zatixiz should only be used for educational purposes and I am not responsible for whatever this script is used for

2. Nice work Zatixiz.
    Fact, Science and the Pursuit of Knowledge. Working to secure your networks from threats; Outside and Within.

Quote Originally Posted by strokerace View Post
    No body uses GPS data for wardriving anymore. That system was designed for when Wifi was first out and wifi spots were hard to find. Now you can drive down one street and find a min of 50 APs open and closed. 5 yrs ago, you might have found 2 or 3 in a neighbour hood. Also now with WPA2 routers, its pointless to sit in a vehicle on a side street for hours on end trying to break one open. People will see the glow of the laptop and call the police now. I am just speaking about Canada, in the U.S it maybe different.

Nice script though.
    Thanks alot for your feedback strokerace!
    Yeah you might be right!
    But if you're like me and drive around alot and always keep your laptop close, it does kinda help you to just fire up the script and log all the WIFI's on the way for later use.
    Wether you'd like to spread something, use open networks for hiding or just build up a map of all the open/WEP networks that you can connect to in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by charonsecurity View Post
    Nice work Zatixiz.
    Thanks buddy!

Love it!!! It's fantastic to have another use for some of my old inactive phones!

Coupla' questions / requests: Might you be willing to edit the script such that BlueNMEA's bluetooth and/or wifi interfaces can be chosen? I've one phone in particular, an LG Vortex, that even with the newest CM9 rom installed simply has no USB tethering capability. This phone in particular is the one that is intended to be permanently attached to my vehicle PC, and as such, is the one that I'd use most often with this script.

Thanx for your consideration!

Quote Originally Posted by tekoholic View Post
    Love it!!! It's fantastic to have another use for some of my old inactive phones!

Coupla' questions / requests: Might you be willing to edit the script such that BlueNMEA's bluetooth and/or wifi interfaces can be chosen? I've one phone in particular, an LG Vortex, that even with the newest CM9 rom installed simply has no USB tethering capability. This phone in particular is the one that is intended to be permanently attached to my vehicle PC, and as such, is the one that I'd use most often with this script.

Thanx for your consideration!

Hello tekoholic!
    I'm glad you like my script!
    I will write down your sugestion and see what I can do!
    It's been a while since I updated the script but I need to do some small corrections anyways so I'll try to include bluetooth options in the next release!

Thanks for your feedback!

Wifi would likely be easier, as it can be some ordeal getting bluetooth / MAC / rfcomm / etc going (I know from experience...lol).

In my setup, I'll be running a wired connection to a 4g modem from the truck-PC, and wireless from same modem for phone and other devices. I'm actually trying to see just how much code needs to be commented from the script to just allow input of IP and Port, instead of all the USB detection stuff. But, I'm no programmer, and it gets confusing looking at all those lines!! I'll keep at it, and let you know if I get a working implementation!

Just an update on my progress (or more accurately, lack thereof)...

Commented out lines starting in the 330's and ending in 390's, as it seemed they only handled the USB detection function. This resulted in the script jumping directly to asking me for IP and port, but it seems the input was ignored.

I gave it IP of 192.168.1.114, it still tried (and of course failed) to use 192.168.1.1, the IP that was auto-detected as gateway / DHCP server.

Haven't dug too much deeper yet to determine why, but I'll keep at it when I have time!

Quote Originally Posted by tekoholic View Post
    Just an update on my progress (or more accurately, lack thereof)...

Commented out lines starting in the 330's and ending in 390's, as it seemed they only handled the USB detection function. This resulted in the script jumping directly to asking me for IP and port, but it seems the input was ignored.

I gave it IP of 192.168.1.114, it still tried (and of course failed) to use 192.168.1.1, the IP that was auto-detected as gateway / DHCP server.

Haven't dug too much deeper yet to determine why, but I'll keep at it when I have time!
    I might have a working solution but right now I can't test it as my usb flex card is "broken" on my phone.
    I've ordered a new one that I will replace so that I can work on the code and test some stuff out.

I'll keep you updated!

Whilst I kinda agree with strokerace that this implementation of GPS + wardriving is probably a little outdated, I maintain that this script still has its uses. For example, I work on quite a large site, where wireless connections such as WiFi and Bluetooth are technically not allowed. Therefore this could be potentially useful to deploy and get an idea where unauthorised APs are being used.

It's my feeling that there will be a use for these tools for years to come yet - so keep up the good work Zatixiz!