Thread: Help with netgear wna3100???

Help with netgear wna3100???

I have a netgear wna3100 wireless usb adapter. I have seen people use it in linux and i am trying to install the drivers but i can not get it to work for anything. I have tried installing it from the cd with wine but it doesnt work, it gets to the part of the setup where it asks to insert the usb adapter, but when you do it says it can not find it. I have tried all 3 ports on my laptop, and i know it recognizes it because when i lsusb it comes up in the device list. I have tried the ndiswrapper, but i can not get it to install at all. I have done a update and upgrade but that does nothing and i have tried to install the b43 firmware but it doesnt want to install. Can anyone help me out and give me a step by step tutorial or anything to help me? been at this for quite a while now :///
    Btw i installed kali onto the hard disk, I AM NOT USING A VM....thats all i seem to find is for a vm..

I hate the wna3100 but you can try reading this
    Smile while you can for in the future there my be nothing to smile about.
    申し訳ありませんが、これは翻訳することができませんでした。

Hmmm, i switched to a vm to see if that would give me any better luck and apparently not. I will try this, the only thing i dont get is the editing of the files, im a lil confused on it, still learning linux

Hey, I just bought a Netgear wna3100 myself. I am using it with Vmware Workstation. Did you ever find a fix?