Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Troubleshooting Wireless Drivers

Hi guys I read the Kali community is busy for about 6 years the get de ALFA AWUSO36ACH working, in the past it worked for some but for me running Kali 2022.1 it is pretty impossible the get it working or the find the necissarily modules headers or whatnot.

Here is what I get after the "make" command
    └─# make
    make ARCH=x86_64 CROSS_COMPILE= -C /lib/modules/5.16.0-kali3-amd64/build M=/root/rtl8812au modules
    make[1]: *** /lib/modules/5.16.0-kali3-amd64/build: No such file or directory. Stop.
    make: *** [Makefile:2244: modules] Error 2

After wasting 2 days following each and every "solution" I am still at square one.
    Anyone with a recent Kali version got this adapter working? please Help!

Hello!!

I just made a persistent USB with Kali. I'm using it on my MacbookPro2020 with i7, and besides doing already 5 or 6 tutorials and reading the documentation I don't find a way to make the wireless card work. Neither the keyboard or track pad. Any help would be appreciated!

I'll paste some information:

This is my wifi controller

[COLOR=var(--newRedditTheme-monospaceColor)]e5:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries BCM4364 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter (rev 04)[/COLOR]

Every time I run [COLOR=var(--newRedditTheme-monospaceColor)]ip a[/COLOR] or [COLOR=var(--newRedditTheme-monospaceColor)]iwconfig[/COLOR] the wlan0 does not display.

I did run [COLOR=var(--newRedditTheme-monospaceColor)]sudo apt-get update[/COLOR] and [COLOR=var(--newRedditTheme-monospaceColor)]sudo apt-get install[/COLOR]

For the command [COLOR=var(--newRedditTheme-monospaceColor)]uname -r[/COLOR] I get [COLOR=var(--newRedditTheme-monospaceColor)]5.15.0-kali3-amd64[/COLOR]

The requested files (run on the macOs) are [COLOR=var(--newRedditTheme-monospaceColor)]({"Firmware"="C-4364__s-B3/trinidad.trx","TxCap"="C-4364__s-B3/trinidad-X3.txcb", "Regulatory"="C-4364__s-B3/trinidad-X3.txcb", "NVRAM"="C-4364__s-B3/P-trinidad-X3_M-HRPN_V-u__m-7.7.txt"})[/COLOR]

This was the last tutorial I was following, but still could not manage (https://gist.github.com/widdowquinn/...a1715894df1cc3)

I downloaded the kernel headers from here http://http.kali.org/kali/pool/main/l/linux/

Hey, i tried to download the firmware-b43-installer package but its not getting found. What should i do? I have a network connection through a extern wifi card.

I'm having an issue with my WiFi adapter failing to detect packets, the only thing I recognized out of the ordinary is that the driver is read as "mac80211_hwsim" and the chipset is listed as "software simulator of 802.11 radio(s)" instead of the actual chipset. Any help would be appreciated. I'm running Kali on a VM in Windows 10.

Hi! it's work for me.

Your USB wifi already listed through lsusb command the ID 2357:010c is IDvendor and the IDproduct of the TP-Link TL-WN722N USB wifi.

2 ways to install the driver :

The wired connection is required

1) open the terminal and run the following command:

```
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get dist-upgrade
    reboot
    ```

Then

```
    apt-get install dkms git
    git clone https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8188eu.git
    dkms add ./rtl8188eu
    dkms build 8188eu/1.0
    dkms install 8188eu/1.0
    modprobe 8188eu
    reboot
    ```

2) by compiling the source:

```
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get dist-upgrade
    reboot
    ```

Then, Use the command `apt-get install gcc make linux-headers-$(uname -r)` to install the appropriate linux-headers pacakge , then run :

```
    git clone https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8188eu.git
    cd rtl8188eu
    make
    make install
    modprobe 8188eu
    reboot
    ```
    and it's done!
    see you!

I am trying to install Awus036h and I get the following error:
    make install
    make -C /root/Desktop/2008_0925_RT2870_Linux_STA_v1.4.0.0/os/linux -f Makefile.6 install
    make[1]: Entering directory '/root/Desktop/2008_0925_RT2870_Linux_STA_v1.4.0.0/os/linux'
    mkdir: cannot create directory ?/etc/Wireless?: File exists
    rm -rf /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA
    mkdir /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA
    cp /root/Desktop/2008_0925_RT2870_Linux_STA_v1.4.0.0/RT2870STA.dat /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA/.
    install -d /lib/modules/5.19.0-kali2-amd64/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/
    install -m 644 -c rt2870sta.ko /lib/modules/5.19.0-kali2-amd64/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/
    install: cannot stat 'rt2870sta.ko': No such file or directory
    make[1]: *** [Makefile.6:85: install] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/root/Desktop/2008_0925_RT2870_Linux_STA_v1.4.0.0/os/linux'
    make: *** [Makefile:220: install] Error 2

How to solve this?

If your Android phone won't connect toWi-Fi, you should first makesure that your phone isn't on Airplane Mode, and that Wi-Fi is enabled on yourphone. If your Android phone claims it's connected to Wi-Fi but nothing willload, love language test you can try forgetting the Wi-Fi network and then connecting to it again.When you uninstall the Wi-Fi drivers from your system, the operatingsystem (OS) may no longer recognize the wireless adapter and it becomesunusable. If you are going to uninstall the driver, make sure to downloadthe latest Wi-Fi driver available before starting the process. Unfortunately, this will includethe drivers for devices installed after your computer was set up (like yourWi-Fi adapter) and you will need to reinstall the driver for it.

Unfortunately, this will include the drivers for devices installed after your computer was set up (like your Wi-Fi adapter) and you will need to reinstall the driver for it.

Unfortunately, this will include the drivers for devices installed after your computer was set up (like your Wi-Fi adapter) and you will need to reinstall the driver for it.

a VM doesnt have access to the machines WiFi chipset at all, all network connections are virtual like the VM..

I'm experiencing an issue with my Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3165 network adapter onmy Kali Linux laptop. Although the adapter is recognized, I am unable to see any wireless networks, and I receive the error message 'No wireless adapter found.'

I have already tried installing the firmware (firmware-iwlwifi) for the adapter, and I can confirm that it is properly seated in my laptop. I have also checked the BIOS/UEFI settings to ensure that the adapter is enabled.

Despite these efforts, I still cannot see any available networks. When I run commands such as lspci, ip link, and ifconfig, the adapter is present, but the Tx-Power is reported as -2147483648.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or suggestions on how to resolve this issue. Thank you in advance for your help!