Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Troubleshooting Wireless Drivers

FIXED!!!!
    Look at bottom for solution

Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM43224 802.11a/b/g/n (rev 01)
    Booting from a persistent USB

Injection works perfectly.
    I am able to create a monitor interface too.
    I can connect perfectly without spoofing.

I spoof my mac address this way:

Code:
    ifconfig wlan0 down
    macchanger -r wlan0
    ifconfig wlan0 up
    I also tried managed mode and it didn't work.

When I try connect to WEP network, it connects but the AP is unable to give me an address.
    When I try to connect to WPA network, the network manager prompts me to enter a password, as if the one I had was wrong.

My issue has been fixed in two ways. Macchanger doesn't work, but instead I do:
    Code:
    ifconfig wlan0 down hw ether 00:00:00:00:00:01
    ifconfig wlan0 up
    OR

Right click on network manager (top right)
    Edit connections
    Wireless
    Select a connection
    Type in "cloned mac address"

And it works
    Last edited by isaac; 2013-04-15 at 09:35 AM. Reason: FIXED

The Compact-Wirless didn't work? Can anyone tell me why? Still no wlan0 or interface.
    Last edited by killerpop; 2013-04-15 at 04:39 AM.

Hi all, I install Kali 1.0.3 and i still not have wlan0. My network adapter is : 03:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM43227 802.11b/g/n
    Before that i have Backtrack 5 R3 and i have WiFi without any problems with bcmwl-kernel-source_5.100.82.38+bdcom-0ubuntu6_amd64 package. Can you give some how to or package to fix this

OK, I'm done with my patience i had to register and ask for help.
    My hardware: Alfa awus036nh with ralink rt3070 chip and integrated ralink 3090.
    My problem: i cant access the internet ... it is really strange. I have listed all available wifi networks of the USB adapter, but if i try to connect it wont.
    The history: 1. I installed kali 1.0.2 amd64 and everything worked great ... after i perform "apt-get upgrade" the network manager showed that I'm connected, but couldn't access the internet nor my router over the IP 192.168.1.1.
    2. After i got stuck on the 1.0.2 (after "apt-get upgrade") i tried 1.0.3 amd64, and now I'm not able to connect to the wireless at all.

I tried to put wlan0 (my integrated wireless card) down ("ifconfig wlan0 down"), but had no luck ... tried to put eth0 and lo down, but nothing ... i tried everything that i found googling, but there's not much information for Kali out there ATM.

rt2500usb fix

Quote Originally Posted by JusCunningham View Post
    kali 1.0.1 all updates and upgrades installed. 3.7-trunk-amd64 kernel on an hp elitebook 8540p. centrino 4965 works great with iwlwifi out of the box, but trying to install a linksys wusb54g v4 (ralink rt2570 chip) not working. here is the output when we plug in or reload the kernel module:

Code:
    [ 3736.978375] phy4 -> rt2x00lib_probe_dev: Error - Failed to initialize hw.
    [ 3736.978393] rt2500usb: probe of 1-2:1.0 failed with error -22
    [ 3736.978426] usbcore: registered new interface driver rt2500usb
    seems to be like the problem mentioned in this post: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...el/dthMMtBVhV4
    I was having this same issue. I applied the patch you linked to, recompiled the kernel, and my rt2500usb adapter works now. I used the instructions for recompiling the kernel here: http://docs.kali.org/development/rec...i-linux-kernel

After downloading and extracting the source code, and prior to the step "configuring your kernel", I performed the following steps to apply the patch

1. Create the Patch file, I used the following code, and saved it to /root/rt2x00-patch

Code:
    diff --git a/drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00dev.c
    b/drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00dev.c
    index 69097d1..dafb448 100644
    --- a/drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00dev.c
    +++ b/drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00dev.c
    @@ -1123,6 +1123,9 @@  static inline void rt2x00lib_set_if_combinations(struct rt2x00_dev *rt2x00dev)
     	struct ieee80211_iface_limit *if_limit;
     	struct ieee80211_iface_combination *if_combination;

+	if (rt2x00dev->ops->max_ap_intf < 2)
    +		return;
    +
     	/*
     	 * Build up AP interface limits structure.
    2. Run the following commands:

• cd /usr/src/linux-source-3.7
    • patch -p1 < /root/rt2x00-patch

Output:
    Code:
    root@kali:/usr/src/linux-source-3.7# patch -p1 < /root/rt2x00-patch 
    patching file drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00dev.c
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 1123 with fuzz 1.
    3. Continue with the steps for configuring, building, and installing the kernel

After rebooting, I was able to plug in my USB wifi adapter and it worked properly.
    Last edited by Dream-Cypher; 2013-05-26 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Corrected Typo in

I have to join in, I got Kali running on a MacBookPro 11th Generation w/ USB-Persistence-Stick.
    It runs on a Broadcom bcm4311 card and I can do everything with it, Monitor Mode, wireshark, Injectiontest (aireplay-ng -9) but a usual stable wifi connection won't work.

I get disconnected and then there are always three "auth" tries which timeout and then they try again and we are connected.

iw event -t: Connection quality monitor event: RSSI went below threshold.

Hi All,

I have wireless that works, but it is really slow, and it does not have to do with my internet connection. From the Google Chrome website I am downloading the chrome browser and it states I am only getting 15.5 kb/s this is true not only for the this but pretty much anything else that needs web access. Is this normal behavior? Or any solutions? I have a Broadcom 4322AG 802.11 a/b/g/draft-n built in wifi for my 6930p.

Thanks

I just barely ordered the same exact alfa card you guys are referring to. I was curious if you had figured out how to get it to show up as an interface dmesg (incase I have the same problem?)

Hi all,
    In first, i hope i'm in the good section for my question, if it's not i apologize.
    After three days of web research on web, Debian forum and other linux forum, ect... I didn't find a mean to change the driver of my wireless card which is brcmsmac to b43. The fact that, I have a BCM4313 and on Ubuntu in Settings, we have addional drivers settings allow to do this change which really improve wifi connexion and network detection.
    I'm disposed to provide you every information you want if you ask me and i'm sorry for my approximately english.
    Thanks for your time.

Hi all,
    I want to know if it's possible to change wireless driver because i search for three days and i didn't find even on debian forum. I have a BCM4313 and actually my driver is brcmsmac and i want to change for b43.
    Thanks for your time.