Thread: Aircrack-ng not reading wordlist from external hard drive

Aircrack-ng not reading wordlist from external hard drive

Hello all. My issue is that I have saved all required info. to a my capture file and started my dictionary attack with Aircrack-ng. Used one word list from my Desktop and it worked fine but when i attached my external hard drive(Seagate Expansion Drive) I get a "No such file or directory error"

My original command line entry was Aircrack-ng -w /media/Expansion Drive/Folder of Word List/Word List.txt Name of capture file.ivs.

While doing research before this post, i read that maybe i'm supposed to mount the Expansion Drive first. Please can someone help with this. Thanks

Spaces in the path of your wordlist may cause a problem. try to rename your folders/files to not include spaces. For example change "Expansion Drive" to "Expansion-Drive".

Quote Originally Posted by ndex477 View Post
    Hello all. My issue is that I have saved all required info. to a my capture file and started my dictionary attack with Aircrack-ng. Used one word list from my Desktop and it worked fine but when i attached my external hard drive(Seagate Expansion Drive) I get a "No such file or directory error"

My original command line entry was Aircrack-ng -w /media/Expansion Drive/Folder of Word List/Word List.txt Name of capture file.ivs.

While doing research before this post, i read that maybe i'm supposed to mount the Expansion Drive first. Please can someone help with this. Thanks
    Try to add quotes when you enter path to wordlist: Aircrack-ng -w "/media/Expansion Drive/Folder of Word List/Word List.txt" Name of capture file.ivs.

if quotes don't work, try the old \
    /media/Expansion Drive/Folder\ of\ Word\ List/Word\ List.txt

Quote Originally Posted by rastamouse View Post
    if quotes don't work, try the old \
    /media/Expansion Drive/Folder\ of\ Word\ List/Word\ List.txt
    Yes this should work.

I noticed with large wordlists (+fewGb's) on my computer that you don't see the words its running. The screen sometimes stays black untill the wordlist is finished.
    Also try to avoid filenames with spaces in it. This causes errors.
    Have you tried to copy the file to your root map and run aircrack-ng (Hshake) -w (wordlist)