Thread: Why the need to install NVIDIA drivers?

Why the need to install NVIDIA drivers?

I am very new here. Please excuse the rookie question. Does Kali Linux require NVIDIA drivers to work properly? I have had problems in the
    past with updating/changing drivers that were a bear to fix. So I am just wondering why? Thanx!

2. No, it does not need the drivers. That is depending on what you want to do with your Kali. For the most part just to get the right resolution working and certain compatibility, but if that is not a priority then don't need to worry about it. Also, if your card supports CUDA then it could be beneficial for when you use some programs that take advantage of that.

I hope it helps.
    Fact, Science and the Pursuit of Knowledge. Working to secure your networks from threats; Outside and Within.

If you try to use CUDA, you might want install Propietary drivers. Any other purpose, use open drivers.

Luck.

Unless you are trying to play video games on kali-linux The main reason for installing alternate GPU drivers is to use the card for GPU accelerated password cracking. First your computer must have a Nvidia GPU card.