Thread: Top menu bar appearing on secondary monitor, need on primary.

Top menu bar appearing on secondary monitor, need on primary.

So I have 64 bit Kali Linux (embarrassed I can not remember if KDE or GNOME, how do I tell?) Anyways, I have an HD7950 and I have catalyst control center installed with updated drivers for my setup. I have a dual monitor setup, 23" monitor and a 47" flat TV. I have it to Windows equivalent to Extend desktop and everything is all peachy except the top menu bar where it says applications and places is showing on the TV screen on the right and I want that to show on the monitor on the left but can not figure it out.

I have VERY little experience with Linux, some Ubuntu and also some Backtrack 5 R3. This is my first Debian Operating system and I am absolutely loving it. I got so sick and bored of windows that Kali is now my main OS, on my FX 8320 machine and backtrack is installed on an older computer that will be for the kids, (4 and 6 years old, start em young!)

Thanks to the wonderful creators at Offensive Security for making this beautiful and powerful operating system. I am no hacker by any means but a lot of tools on here really fascinate me, I just need to learn how to use them. Sorry for the babbling (if you even made it this far)

Hey, I was having the same problem and google'd it. I found the solution.... apparently it's a bug with gnome and multi-monitor support.

The solution http://askubuntu.com/questions/13364...w-to-undo-that

Noteefault Values for the objects

object-id-list: ['menu-bar', 'browser', 'terminal', 'clock', 'notification-area', 'user-menu', 'window-list', 'workspace-switcher']

topleve-id-list: ['top-panel', 'bottom-panel']