Thread: Wicd Network Manager Not Showing Networks

Wicd Network Manager Not Showing Networks

Hi fellow Kali users. I tried to find a solution to this on the forum first but couldn't find any posts. Here is the issue. I installed Wicd on Kali with no problem and i can put my Alfa AWUS036NH into monitor mode o.k. but Wicd does not detect any nearby networks and airodump-ng does not detect networks either. Is there another package that i need to install or something?

Quote Originally Posted by airserpent View Post
    Hi fellow Kali users. I tried to find a solution to this on the forum first but couldn't find any posts. Here is the issue. I installed Wicd on Kali with no problem and i can put my Alfa AWUS036NH into monitor mode o.k. but Wicd does not detect any nearby networks and airodump-ng does not detect networks either. Is there another package that i need to install or something?
    hi
    I just installed wicd from repositories in my kali64-VMware ... & with my 36NH(second-card) worked!
    are you in vm or hdd or live? result of iwconfig? lsusb?... etc.
    i made a little test underground:
    http://imageshack.us/f/689/1ea2.png/
    bye & zoom!

PS:i love my first-card 36H
    Last edited by zimmaro; 2013-07-25 at 19:28.

Quote Originally Posted by airserpent View Post
    Can you show us the result of the iwlist command and a trace of the commands you used to put your interface in monitor mode and to capture trafic with airodump-ng ?

What do you see in the Debian NetworkManager? I agree, an iwlist would be helpful. Make sure that you're using the right interface when you capture traffic with airodump-ng.