Thread: Default mute speaker

Default mute speaker

Hi all,

Default speaker mode is in mute mode, so after each log on I must change that in order to have sound.How can I alter the default config. to be always unmute?

Best,
    Xerxes

It's Annoying For The Default Sound / Speaker Mode To Be On Mute!

Quote Originally Posted by xerxes View Post
    Hi all,

Default speaker mode is in mute mode, so after each log on I must change that in order to have sound.How can I alter the default config. to be always unmute?

Best,
    Xerxes
    I was also searching for a way to for changing the default of the sound to other than mute. So far, I've been able to achieve this by changing/toggling many of the settings in the following file:

File System > usr > share > pulseaudio > alsa-mixer > paths > analog-output-speaker.conf

I changed "switch = mute" and "switch = off" to "switch = on". I also changed "volume = off" and "volume = merge" to "volume = 100". I haven't yet experimented with changing any of the settings below/beyond "[Element Desktop Speaker]".

I did this AFTER I:

1. Right-clicked on the volume/speaker icon (upper-right on task bar),
    2. Selected "Sound Preferences",
    3. Selected "Built-in Audio Analog Stereo",
    4. Changed the "Connector" drop-down menu from "Headphones" to "Speakers"

After doing this, my sound began defaulting to 8% VOLUME OUTPUT with -65.5dB. I currently am working on achieving a 100% VOLUME OUTPUT default.

I also want to try selecting "Headphones" on the drop down menu and toggling the analog-output-headphones.conf.
    i will also try downloading/adding sound mixing or sound controlling software and adding it to my start up program list with appropriate commands to set the volume to max on boot. i will keep you guyz posted with my results. please, share yours as well. GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for your note sabbaiguy,

>>Changed the "Connector" drop-down menu from "Headphones" to "Speakers".

The problem is in "Connector" drop-down, there's not another option except "Headphones",nor "Speakers" nor anything else.

Rgds,