Thread: SPLOITEGO not working on Maltego TUNGSTEIN

SPLOITEGO not working on Maltego TUNGSTEIN

The good news is that MALTEGO TUNGSTEIN supports undo/redo and online collaboration.
    The bad news is that I've tried to install SPLOITEGO and didn't worked.
    SHODAN add-on was installed perfectly, but SPLOITEGO didn't.

MALTEGO experts please, help us!

Hi PePeLeGal,

Yes sad news indeed, the Canari Framework which Sploitego is written using (allows fast creation of Maltego transforms) currently doesn't work with Tungsten. It seems that Paterva have added some encryption to their application that prevents Canari generated transforms from working on a repeatable basis. I've spent 4 months writing transforms for pcap analysis using Canari (sniffMyPackets) and my project is dead in the water at the moment.

I've been speaking to the author of Sploitego (he also wrote Canari Framework) to see if there is anything that can be done. According to Paterva if you export your config from Radium and import it into Tungsten the local transforms will work (I've tested this last night). However if you re-run the install of Sploitego again it will trash things (again).

Hope that makes sense.
    OSCP, OSWP, Packet Monkey

Catalyst245,

Thank you for the explanation.
    I hope you guys find out a common solution for this issue.
    If MALTEGO TUNGSTEIN really lost the power of SPLOITEGO, it will be a great lost.

Canari/sploitego should work now

Quote Originally Posted by PePeLeGal View Post
    Catalyst245,

Thank you for the explanation.
    I hope you guys find out a common solution for this issue.
    If MALTEGO TUNGSTEIN really lost the power of SPLOITEGO, it will be a great lost.
    I've released a new update to Canari framework which should fix everything. It is in testing but you can get the latest version from https://github.com/allfro/canari. Let me know if it works for you. The new version requires you to run canari create-profile and then importing the profile manually into Maltego.

Cheers,

Nadeem

Quote Originally Posted by ndouba View Post
    I've released a new update to Canari framework which should fix everything. It is in testing but you can get the latest version from https://github.com/allfro/canari. Let me know if it works for you. The new version requires you to run canari create-profile and then importing the profile manually into Maltego.

Cheers,

Nadeem
    Hey nadeem,

When i try to import configuration i get "com.paterva.maltego.util.XmlSerializationExceptio n:*Unparseable*date:*"2013-08-15*21:58:08.000*AUS*Eastern*Standard*Time".
    With any luck i havent done anything wrong leading up to that point.
    It's my first time using canari so this change of theirs is proving most unpleasant ! :P

thanks in advance,
    phil

Quote Originally Posted by ndouba View Post

Cheers,

Nadeem
    hi Nadeem..
    Could you please elaborate it more? im a bit confuse here.. or someone here able to show me the workaround?
    thanks in advance..

Quote Originally Posted by carmila View Post
    hi Nadeem..
    Could you please elaborate it more? im a bit confuse here.. or someone here able to show me the workaround?
    thanks in advance..
    Hi Sorry I haven't looked at this forum in a while. What you need to do is generate a .mtz file which contains the import details for the canari package you are trying to import into maltego. This can be done like so:

Code:
    canari create-profile sploitego
    if this step is successful you'll have a sploitego.mtz file in the directory you ran the command from. At this point you can import the mtz using the Maltego interface. There are a few issues posted on Github regarding these steps if you're still having trouble. I'll try and keep up with this forum as much as possible. Sorry for the late response.

Cheers,

Nadeem