Thread: A couple of quick questions about Metasploit

A couple of quick questions about Metasploit

I'm quite new to this so I just have some quick questions about installing a backdoor on a windows PC made by metasploit.

First of all do I've been seeing that I need to enable port forwarding on my router. Is this true and if so what port do I forward from and to?

Will doing meterpreter/reverse_tcp_dns allow me to use a no-ip.com hostname instead of my IP? This is because I have a dynamically assigned IP address and would like to install a persistance backdoor, would this allow me to always access the backdoor even though I have a different IP every time I boot?

Lastly when creating the payload what do I set as LPORT? Do I search my system for an open port, do I have to open a port and if so can I set it to listen to ensure that I'm not being hacked on an open port?

Sorry if the questions seem simple I've just seen many tutorials on how to create the backdoor but none that explain what they're doing in the early stages.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by alikali View Post
    I'm quite new to this so I just have some quick questions about installing a backdoor on a windows PC made by metasploit.

First of all do I've been seeing that I need to enable port forwarding on my router. Is this true and if so what port do I forward from and to?

Will doing meterpreter/reverse_tcp_dns allow me to use a no-ip.com hostname instead of my IP? This is because I have a dynamically assigned IP address and would like to install a persistance backdoor, would this allow me to always access the backdoor even though I have a different IP every time I boot?

Lastly when creating the payload what do I set as LPORT? Do I search my system for an open port, do I have to open a port and if so can I set it to listen to ensure that I'm not being hacked on an open port?

Sorry if the questions seem simple I've just seen many tutorials on how to create the backdoor but none that explain what they're doing in the early stages.

Thank you
    hi :-)
    if this can be a little help or input in a "part" of your post :
    test:
    http://postimg.org/image/ndi8pk0gd/full/
    "victim":
    http://postimg.org/image/k23bynt7h/
    I'm a g0at