Thread: Can't get AWUS036H to work properly. Someone please help I can give some Bitcoins.

Angry Can't get AWUS036H to work properly. Someone please help I can give some Bitcoins.

Ok so I have the Alfa AWUS036H Network adapter. I boot up Kali and everything is connected. I go to fern wifi cracker and attempt to crack a WEP network. It gets to 16,000 IVS and I notice its not going up so I check the connections. BOTH of my network adapters are "disconnected" and the cracking stops.

What is wrong with this? Is it because I have an internal network one and then I have the AWUS036H? So far this has only happened when I have tried to crack networks. If someone can solve this I can give a few dollars in BTC.

2. I know this isn't any really help, but I find the command line works more reliably than any GUI interface for cracking wep wifi thus far. In backtrack I always had issues with Fern, and once I learned how to use the cml, I never went back.
    Fact, Science and the Pursuit of Knowledge. Working to secure your networks from threats; Outside and Within.

Quote Originally Posted by anunnaki View Post
    Ok so I have the Alfa AWUS036H Network adapter. I boot up Kali and everything is connected. I go to fern wifi cracker and attempt to crack a WEP network. It gets to 16,000 IVS and I notice its not going up so I check the connections. BOTH of my network adapters are "disconnected" and the cracking stops.

What is wrong with this? Is it because I have an internal network one and then I have the AWUS036H? So far this has only happened when I have tried to crack networks. If someone can solve this I can give a few dollars in BTC.
    I was having the exact same problem, I duel boot into Kali off Windows 7. What fixed it for me was instead of creating a separate network, i just went into the Alfa Utility in windows and put the card into AP mode, clicked available networks, then clicked on my Network and entered the password for it. When I had it set as it's own network, I was having the network problems in kali. Hopefully that makes sense.