Thread: Triple Booting Kali along with Windows and Ubuntu

Triple Booting Kali along with Windows and Ubuntu

I have 150 gigs of space available on my disk and would like to install Kali within this space. I currently have Windows 7 and Ubuntu 13.04 installed and would like to set up a triple boot system with Kali included. I have a UEFI/GPT drive so partitions are not a problem. Installing Kali and having it boot would be great! How would I go about doing this? If anyone cares to put forth some input, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have Kali installed in a multiboot environment on my iMac and use rEFInd as the bootmanager: http://www.rodsbooks.com/refind/
    If you're unfamiliar with Rod Smith's work, I would suggest taking a look at it and/or the Ubuntu forum multiboot related info.

As far as Kali goes: I used amd 64 iso version and booted into Live DVD, then used gparted to set up partitions. You should be able to utilize the same swap partition from Ubuntu and I used ext4 file system for Kali... my system (root) partition is 45GB (I think 20GB is minimum.) That's really all you need for partioning, but can add any extras you wish for data storage. Then reboot into the DVD or launch the installation from within your current live session and choose graphic install option from the boot menu.
    I'm not sure about setting Kali as default boot OS... maybe something in Rod's info will point you in the right direction. BTW, I don't use grub but if you are I would think you can set default boot preference in the grub configuration.
    Last edited by pufferaway; 2013-08-18 at 19:51. Reason: Update error: rEFIt should be rEFInd

Thank you very much, pufferaway, this is exactly what I've been looking for! I've installed Kali since your post and downloaded rEFInd onto a usb, allowing me to boot into whatever I want; either windows, Ubuntu or Kali!

Thanks again.

Problem solved...