Thread: Push wifi TxPower: where regulatory.bin file located?

Push wifi TxPower: where regulatory.bin file located?

Hi kali users! I own a AWSUS036NH, vendor told me i can push txpower it to 2W (33dbm) but i found some troublez.
    Usual methods (iw reg set BO ---> ifconfig set txpower 30) allow me to pump it maximum at 30dbm since the BO country has 30dbm limitation.
    So im looking deeper to modify the configuration file that contains countrys db limitations.
    Problem is that im able to find h0w-to's only regarding BT (http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...t=47200&page=5) and regulatory.bin file in Kali is located elsewhere.
    I searched for it in different paths and man pages but i can't find it...do they changed location from kernel 2 to 3? any idea/solutions?
    Thanks

Im using
    Kali 1.0 32bit GNOME 3.4.2
    kernel 3.7
    HDD installation on a Macbook Air 2012

Here's the guide
    and it contains links that you seek. Ensure you are not pushing beyond your countries legal Tx limits. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by 2undo View Post
    Hi kali users! I own a AWSUS036NH, vendor told me i can push txpower it to 2W (33dbm) but i found some troublez.
    Usual methods (iw reg set BO ---> ifconfig set txpower 30) allow me to pump it maximum at 30dbm since the BO country has 30dbm limitation.
    So im looking deeper to modify the configuration file that contains countrys db limitations.
    Problem is that im able to find h0w-to's only regarding BT (http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...t=47200&page=5) and regulatory.bin file in Kali is located elsewhere.
    I searched for it in different paths and man pages but i can't find it...do they changed location from kernel 2 to 3? any idea/solutions?
    Thanks

Im using
    Kali 1.0 32bit GNOME 3.4.2
    kernel 3.7
    HDD installation on a Macbook Air 2012
    in... /lib/crda directory

trick.. use find command..
    - go to file system directory
    # cd /
    - use find command
    # find . -name regulatory\*
    it's work..