Thread: Apt-get upgrade not working

Apt-get upgrade not working

I just reinstalled my kali linux laptop, now when I run apt-get update (that runs fine), then I run apt-get upgrade it won't connect to the kali websites and shuts off my internet, Every single time. When I open wicd, it freezes up for a second and won't close. It didn't do this before I reinstalled it and I installed it the same exact way, I also used wicd before I reinstalled too.

can you post your sources.list file ?

It's the default. Nothing spelled wrong and it's not missing anything. I think the problem is wicd because it keeps freezing. I was booting off of an older Kali ISO that I've had since the day kali came out. So right now I'm installing the 1.04 kali onto my USB and I'm going to reinstall with that to see if anything happens.

Everything happens once it gets to connecting to http.kali.org (173.246.39.1) and when its checking headers. The internet on that laptop stops working and the upgrade stops and eventually says it could not connect.

5. If memory serves me correctly, the default from installation is missing several sources. Though that was for version 1.0, not sure if that has been corrected on the new iso's...
    Fact, Science and the Pursuit of Knowledge. Working to secure your networks from threats; Outside and Within.