Thread: Alfa AWUSO36H conflicting with internal card??

Alfa AWUSO36H conflicting with internal card??

When I connected to my network in kali I would get asked to put in the password like usual and then that would be that. Ever since I installed the Alfa AWUSO36H card I will get a pop up saying "Authentication required by wireless network" this is for my internal card, it shows that my Alfa card is connected already so I hit cancel and then about ever 2 -3 minutes a pop up that tells me to enter my network password again. I don't know if they are conflicting with one another, has this happened with anyone else or know of a solution to fixing it so that I don't keep getting asked to put in my password?

I had the same problem. I'll tell you what I did. I'm guessing you're using network manager? I just installed wicd and then AFTER I installed wicd, I purged network manager. Wicd is a little easier with 2 cards because in the preferences you can type which card to use and it will ONLY use that one card. For example, you can have it use Wlan0. It takes 2 seconds to switch too when you want to change which card. That's just what I did to fix that. Wicd is a little more stable than network manager

That worked perfect! Thank you for the response! It was sooo annoying using the network manager.

No problem (: I just know because I was having that same exact problem! Glad it worked out (: